World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NemesisOfReason

10-11-2012

More importantly, did Riot investigate themselves to prevent this sort of preventable cheating from happening in future tournaments?

Xyltin

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEX Asyl View Post
Seriously, you're missing the point. This is still relevant to the ruling of the Curse/Dig ARAM at MLG. They are basically saying that cheating isn't as bad as splitting the prize money. Which I think many people in the league community believe to be the opposite, well that's what I'm getting from reading all the posts.

And this is what I'm getting from riot:
It's Okay to cheat, just be sure you have cash to cover the fines and are prepared to lose a cut of the prize money.

Unacceptable.
Dig vs Crs was a way different matter:
the reason for the D/Q: cause of collusion and match fixing
There was no evidence or price money splitting or anything else and none of the 2 teams admitted it.

But MLG, Crs and Dig said that it was the ARAM.
Not playing it.
But sitting together and making a collusion to play an ARAM what can be called match fixing. For that there was proof.
If they would have gone into the game and they both play an ARAM without talking about it before the match it would have been fine. If they would have asked MLG, it would have been fine (if MLG would have given their OK).

Only Riot said it was not cause of the ARAM (and only in the first 12 hours).

Wesu

10-11-2012

Two things:

-Who the hell designed the stage orientation?

-Please tell us he/she has been fired.

v3ctor

10-11-2012

Maybe you should have put more thought into how you designed the layout of the venue instead of punishing teams for using what was available to them because of YOUR MISTAKES.

What a complete joke! You use some ambiguous rule to come down on teams because you have no rule to begin with. What's next , players cannot look out at the crowd because they might be making a commotion that means a gank is incoming ?

RIOT FAILS. BLAMING TEAMS FOR LOOKING AROUND THE VENUE THEY POORLY DESIGNED

BipolarRooster

10-11-2012

So... basically you're letting CONFIRMED CHEATERS staying in the tournament? What kind of a ****ty championship is this, your rules were straight and clear: Players must face forwards all game, including pauses and aren't allowed to take off their headsets during those pauses. As posted by Redbeard himself before. Now... Here is what I don't get, AZF are confirmed cheaters, and by cheating they have impacted the matches and outcome of those matches. They're supposed to be out of the tournament, or have all their previous matches nullified.

Riot, please take MLG as an example (I know MLG has a bad reputation, but at least they punish cheaters). MLG had no certain evidence against Crs/Dig, but they still DQ'd them because they knew there was something sketchy going in, now you have a clear case, with proper evidence, and all you do is give a fine? That's just going to ruin your entire e-sports name, if it isn't already.

As a beta player, I am dissapointed.

Xyltin

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipolarRooster View Post
So... basically you're letting CONFIRMED CHEATERS staying in the tournament? What kind of a ****ty championship is this, your rules were straight and clear: Players must face forwards all game, including pauses and aren't allowed to take off their headsets during those pauses. As posted by Redbeard himself before. Now... Here is what I don't get, AZF are confirmed cheaters, and by cheating they have impacted the matches and outcome of those matches. They're supposed to be out of the tournament, or have all their previous matches nullified.

Riot, please take MLG as an example (I know MLG has a bad reputation, but at least they punish cheaters). MLG had no certain evidence against Crs/Dig, but they still DQ'd them because they knew there was something sketchy going in, now you have a clear case, with proper evidence, and all you do is give a fine? That's just going to ruin your entire e-sports name, if it isn't already.

I thought it was one player, or do you have more insight than everybody else?

And they let soccer players that fouled in the tournaments. Oh, the whole team? Suc ha shame. FIFA and all soccer organizations should be ashamed.

And it seems that you also have no real insight into the Dig/Crs incident.
the rules state that collusion and match fixing leads to a D/QBoth team talked about making an ARAM and AGREED => collusion and match fixing
there is no further evidence needed. It was the ARAM, only Riot had false infomations in the first 12 hours.

Saíx

10-11-2012

What people are failing to realize is that while AzF might have beaten TSM regardless, the fact of the matter is that one of their members clearly cheated when they were completely forbidden to do what was done, but did it anyway.

By only taking away some of their winnings, you are encouraging others to cheat in the future because even if they get caught they will only lose some of their winnings.

I'm sorry Riot, but this is not how you bring respect to the sport, and it's certainly not going to make you guys look good to outsiders wanting to get into the competitive scene.

The Juice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipolarRooster View Post

And then what you don't realize apparently is that 5 of the 12 teams AT LEAST would be disqualified for cheating by this logic. WE looked at the minimap briefly and achieved no real gain, so a warning was issued. IG did the same thing vs SK in group stages. TPA's player turned his head, did not look at the screen, but this would still be a rule violation thus a DQ. Dyrus turned his head slightly before a pause, Chaox turned his head during a pause, so TSM is out too.

AZF received the punishment they deserved, a hefty fine of their earnings for their cheating, nothing more. They won fair and square in the CLG match, destroyed their group stage and won 1 game vs TSM decisively and with no cheating whatsoever, the other game having a mere 15 seconds where AZF actually knew where TSM could be going.

You're basically saying that human beings in this tournament must sit robotically facing forward for the duration of their two hour series because of a design flaw on Riot's stage. If they don't, they should be kicked out of a tournament Riot spent months to prepare and these teams spent months trying to get into. Might as well walk around holding a dirty magazine and punish every married male who looks at it with adultery, even though you're the one forcing them to look at it. Good plan.

B33fpatty

10-11-2012

OK, if TSM pulled off the level 1 they could have warded red, messed up the jungle, stole every red buff for dyrus top lane, stole his camps, camped top which would have led to snowball top?? i think it can lead to a victory riot. but w/e. think about it

B33fpatty

10-11-2012

subject for AzF should also be blatant cheating in a million dollar tournament.