World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmbushIntheDark

10-10-2012

honestly cant believe frost is getting away with a slap on the wrist here.

Henry Plainview

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Q SafetyX View Post
Thank you for the clarification! I am so glad action was taken.

Now take more action and penalize RiotTiza for straight up lying to the community.

Here is what he said:

" I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match."

"If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament."

Well, they DID look at the minimap and their standing in the tournament was NOT jeopardized. Hm....
Tiza needs glasses.

michelada

10-10-2012

still the addition of those screens for the tournament was a big mistake by riot , hope riot learn the lesson too.

HunterHagen

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notomi View Post
Hello, I noticed that the fine is 20% of their earnings. Does that mean Azubu will be charged 200,000 dollars as a fine if they win the entire tournament? I think a question like this deserves to be clarified since I believe lot of people are curious about this. Thanks for all the work!
The specifics said they were charged from their earnings towards the semi-finals, so no.

doom13th

10-10-2012

cmon! no rematch for TSM and Azubu?!

DJay Saint

10-10-2012

So let me get this straight. Azubu Frost blatantly cheated and it was proven with hard evidence. They modified their play at level 1 upon seeing TSM's position which obviously had an impact on the game.

So they just get a small fine? However, at MLG both Curse and Dignitas are completely stripped of their prize money and disqualified from the tournament for allegations with NO HARD EVIDENCE of possibly sharing prize money.

So a team that blatantly cheats and gets caught with hard evidence barely gets a slap on the hand, while two teams are severely punished for an event of which there is absolutely 0 hard evidence of?

Even if Curse and Dignitas did agree to share prize money after MLG, that in no way affected the tournament outcome at all. Azubu Frost CHEATED to win. CHEATED. That DOES affect the outcome of the rest of the tournament.

I'm sorry, but "e-sports" is already a joke as it is. Blatant cheating in a tournament should not be allowed under ANY circumstances.

I dislike TSM as much as the next guy because of their lack of professionalism and public **** talking, but Azubu Frost needs to be disqualified from this tournament. If you can disqualify two teams and strip them of everything for an allegation of an event that didn't affect the tournament at all with 0 proof, then you should be disqualifying a team that purposely cheated and got caught with hard evidence, because cheating DOES affect the outcome of this tournament.

Cheaters should not be rewarded. I'm beyond disappointed with Riot at this point.

Zerglinator

10-10-2012

I gotta say, I love how the Rioter laying down all the details on the rule infractions has the Mega Inferno Bomb's GIANT EXPLOSION for his icon. It goes particularly well with RedBeard's Ziggs icon.

Ep1cLeprechaun

10-10-2012

AzF should be DQ'd. If you really take this seriously, then there should be no reason to let cheaters play. When the Ohio State football team had an off the field scandal, the head coach resigned and they lost championships from previous years, but you're just going to make them pay back some of the money you already gave them?
RIOT used to be my favorite group of gamers, but you seem to be just a company these days.

Luminosity Ward

10-10-2012

This Woongnoob...

Raisu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
I'm somehow a little...underwhelmed at the penalty, unless it's scaling up with earnings. Then awesome.
As they said in the original posting, 20% of the earnings so im not entirely sure why you would doubt that it wasnt scaling.

Quote:
...the team is hereby collectively fined in the amount of 20% of the prize winnings earned by AzF as a result of advancing into the Semifinals ($150,000). AzFs total fine for this violation is $30,000.