World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saturok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

"Analysis:

WE WeiXiao clearly turned his head to his left and looked back and upward at the venue screen."

Lol they cheat and got information vital to helping them win and your answer is to take some of their winnings instead of a rematch?

K, I'm out.

Any competitive game that does this is not for me.

Darksoulpaladin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I still believe you rewarded a team that truly do not deserve the chance to play for the championship. I am not saying that AZF is a bad team, they truly played very well, but cheating is still cheating and I feel that a disqualification would be more appropriate. I also feel the setup of the playoffs was not well planned. Having monitors that were viewable by each team seems to me that it was not well thought out. Regardless of what "the referee's" say about the effect of the ping at level one, that should not matter. It had an effect and that should be enough and thus equal a disqualification. I lost a lot of respect for Riot after seeing the outcome of this. Cheating should not be overlooked nor should it have a price tag. It should be taken seriously and any team partaking in such behavior should be removed from the tornament.

iloveshasta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoulpaladin View Post
I still believe you rewarded a team that truly do not deserve the chance to play for the championship. I am not saying that AZF is a bad team, they truly played very well, but cheating is still cheating and I feel that a disqualification would be more appropriate. I also feel the setup of the playoffs was not well planned. Having monitors that were viewable by each team seems to me that it was not well thought out. Regardless of what "the referee's" say about the effect of the ping at level one, that should not matter. It had an effect and that should be enough and thus equal a disqualification. I lost a lot of respect for Riot after seeing the outcome of this. Cheating should not be overlooked nor should it have a price tag. It should be taken seriously and any team partaking in such behavior should be removed from the tornament.
They dq'ed dignitas and curse for playing an aram. Never forget that.

Darksoulpaladin

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveshasta View Post
I understand that, but this is a much bigger tournament that carries more weight with it and they decided to play nice and not really punish any of the teams for breaking the rules. I think cheating while playing in a venue this big should carry with it a very harsh punishment.

Itsvadertime

10-11-2012

If they win at the very least please give them an asterisk. I mean you already can't say they did it fairly w/o violating the terms of play etc etc.....If they are going to be called champions then that would at least show what everyone already knows.

Asyl

10-11-2012

zzz AzF should have received 'Game Forfeiture' at a minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoulpaladin View Post
I understand that, but this is a much bigger tournament that carries more weight with it and they decided to play nice and not really punish any of the teams for breaking the rules. I think cheating while playing in a venue this big should carry with it a very harsh punishment.
Exactly.

Dardstar

10-11-2012

I'm glad action was taken, However it does bring up some issues;

The cheat was acknowledged, and on such a wide scale (4 is pretty big when you consider how many teams were playing)
And the fact that the cheat itself wasn't made available to the players by the players. its not like someone brought a hacked computer that showed all minimap positions, they were just put right in front of information that can win the game and told not to look at it, I know many people wouldn't be able to resist the temptation in a normal game, let alone a game where up to a million dollars were on the line, I'm not surprised that the rate of cheating wasn't 100%.

I feel as if the teams themselves are entirely to blame, or even are at majority to blame. Its not as if it was a great technical challenge to stop the cheating, all in all it feels like someone left money on the ground and hid then jumped out and caught the person who took it. It doesn't feel entirely legit.

Also it wasn't the act of looking at the minimap itself that was the violation it was what they did with that information that determined the severity of the crime, if someone does something wrong they should be punished due to what they, not how they used it. They all have been accused of wilfully and purposefully looking at the minimap, they should be punished as such, psychologically speaking if the moment they cheated was so important (ergo more worthy of punishment), they would feel MORE inclined to look, which feeds back into the whole psudo-entrapment issue

Cheshawa

10-11-2012

While I must say it's nice to see the rulings and thought process on this, I don't think it goes far enough.

As enjoyable as LoL is, the whole cheating incident with Azubu has me (and my flatmate who also plays) more than a little annoyed. They cheated, their penalty is $30,000 fine and they're playing for a final prize of what, $1million or something?? Far as they're concerned cheating was probably worthwhile after that - they lost $6k each and have a shot at more than ten times that!

Also to those bringing up the Curse/Dignitas ARAM matter, that was a decision on part of MLG not Riot. Personally I think Riot should've taken a leaf out of the MLG book on this matter

Dardstar

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveshasta View Post
They disqualified them for splitting prize pool which is specifically against the terms of the competition, not for playing an ARAM.

Itsvadertime

10-11-2012

I guess in the finals they should let each team know just how many times they can cheat before it's cause of disqualification.