World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nazzadan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptre Wielder View Post
It's funny that you mention M5, they were never alleged of anything. Throwing their name in here makes you sound like an ignorant hater. (And likely a TSM fanboy)
Lets clear a few things up you illiterate autist. I hate TSM, first of all. If i'm any teams fanboy im a Curse fanboy.
I threw out m5 because they actually have a chance of winning the whole thing, not **** teams like TSM, CLG, CLG.eu. THATS why I threw them out. Because they would be a team that it would be worth cheating, take the fine and win a free pass through the NA Regional winner.
Hurrr spout hater more you suburban gangster

PiersonsPuppet

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenfaL View Post
You guys are forgetting the fact that Dyrus ALSO PEEKED AT THE MAP.

Sigh, everyone cheated, and Riot is at fault at this. You can't DQ an entire team (probably the best in the world) because Riot gave them an easy access to the minimap.

You have to be reasonable dealing with this, and Riot did it perfectly. TSM lost hard and are trying to save face right now. Yes, AZF cheated, but this isn't as big of a deal as you all make of it. At least, it wasn't worth $1 million.
If something like this happened in dota, or sc2, or CS, you know that the team would be ****canned from the tournament and probably banned from every major event in a future, ON TOP of being fined.

It's riot's fault that precautions weren't taken. Does that mean that everyone was within reason to cheat because riot dropped the ball? Hell no.

If some guy left his ferrari parked on the street with the door open and keys in the ignition, am I at liberty to steal the car because he's being an idiot? Try telling the police: "oh but officer you don't understand. He left his car out like that, he's an idiot.

Ferdi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Can we fine Riot 30,000$ for terrible placement of their massive minimap in the first place?

Oh She Mad

10-10-2012

feels profesional. MEH

Kung Pao

10-10-2012

umm riot took 30k from them. WTF they still got money in their hands. Why not DQ them and they have no money and they own you 30k. i mean i would by 30k to look on the map and this 150k. a small price to play

DarkIndex

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Blue View Post
..... The $30,000 is taken out of their winnings. So all that is happening is they are winning less. How is that not a great deal? They have the potential to win a million dollars. That's a million dollars. Losing only $30,000 from that because they CHEATED with a move which could have been the reason they won is an amazing deal.

AZF is not losing any money from this ruling. They are being awarded $120,000 by this ruling with the possibility of winning $1,000,000. They should have been DQ'd or the game should have been replayed.
^^ Fairy Blue nailed it! AZF isn't losing anything here, they are just winning less undeserved money. To actually make this a punishment Riot needs to either disqualify the cheating player, disqualify AZF entirely from the rest of the matches, take at least 80-90% of the total winnings from AZF ($30,000 at this point in the tournament is a wristslap), or rematch.

Since the matches are already being played tonight it seems as though a flat fine of 80-90% of AZF's winnings would be the easiest to carry out, and this plan also doesn't affect other teams unfairly who did not need to cheat to get where they are in this tournament.

In the future however I think AZF needs to be banned from next worlds for this conduct regardless of how they perform next season.

Oh She Mad

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg602 View Post
umm riot took 30k from them. WTF they still got money in their hands. Why not DQ them and they have no money and they own you 30k. i mean i would by 30k to look on the map and this 150k. a small price to play
they cant dq anyone because its riots fault in the first place that they even had the opportunity to look at a mini map. if riot dq'd them it would be fked up on so many levels

LenfaL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Sigh... Dyrus ADMITTED that he looked at the minimap, and later removed his comment from twitter because it wasn't in his team's favor to admit.

Although I absolutely condemn AZF's cheating, you guys are just trying to blow this thing out of proportion (to kill LoL as an esport? to ruin Riot? to mindlessly follow your favorite team?)

Anyways, it's useless to argue here, seems like you're all TSM fanboys.

The Triplett

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post
League of Legends Competition Ruling

AzF Woong committed a major infraction of the rules and the team is hereby collectively fined in the amount of 20% of the prize winnings earned by AzF as a result of advancing into the Semifinals ($150,000). AzFs total fine for this violation is $30,000. Further violations may result in additional penalties.
I think this is a very fair penalty for both teams. If I were TSM I would not want a rematch against unsportsman like opponents who could easily just cheat again. I also think that the prize money reduction is a HUGE kick in the ass for them. Thats why your here at worlds. For the money. Now that a good chunk is taken away I think that is was a very good penalty, so that now AzF is now close to making as much as TSM in worlds prizemoney wise. Thank you Redbeard and I sincerely apologize for anyone who has been disrespectful against you for not dealing with these VERY serious issues.

Putzfrau

10-10-2012

Anyone who suggests cheating = dq from season 3 is suggesting a season 3 without half of the top 12 teams in the world.

Riots trying to kill esports?

Sounds like GD is