World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enjuine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

It really should just be made impossible to do this in the future. It is nice to think everyone playing will be be sportsmanlike but it's better to just have it not be possible. It's not like it would be that difficult.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

What about Reginald getting his headphones off?, that's the only one that hasn't been adressed

TheNidhogg

10-10-2012

Far from enough. This type of cheating should be unacceptable, and 20% is a hilariously small slap on the wrist.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Awesome of you guys to clear this all up, I greatly appreciate it!

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNidhogg View Post
Far from enough. This type of cheating should be unacceptable, and 20% is a hilariously small slap on the wrist.
To be fair, all of the evidence is circumstantial.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-10-2012

yea and permaban riot for letting win clg.eu when they were losing 2-0.

Ad Victoriam

10-10-2012

I feel like looking at the other team shouldn't be punished... But other than that it sounds like you guys did some good investigative work into these incidents. Awesome!

Sweezy

10-10-2012

For all the slower members of the community, it's 20% (currently 30k because semi-finals = 150k).

If AZF go on to win, the fine will be 200k (20% of 1 million).

Just read the asterix.

quasistellar

10-10-2012

Nice work. Real (read: monetary) penalties are necessary when there is money on the line, and I think Riot has stepped up and recognized the significance of refereeing a tournament where--literally--millions of dollars are up for grabs.

I also don't think we'll be seeing any more situations where players even have the opportunity to cheat. It was downright shameful that the map screens were visible to the teams.

Dr Jimmy

10-10-2012

I, personally, appreciate the analysis and penalties as issued and explained. I am curious as to what good "warnings" are. Do these warnings stay with the players over multiple events? Otherwise, it's kind of pointless.