World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMole

10-10-2012

i think AZF should have a harder penalty than a fine, they should be banned from esports.

MaruFrozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

The sheer fact that screen looking is even possible really shows me that League, and quite possibly other e sports, still have a long way to go before they can be considered 'professional'. These guys shouldn't even be in the same room as one another let alone have the ability to turn their heads and look at a screen showing the entire map.

Sorry, but I don't care what the rules look like. This kind of thing shouldn't have even been possible to happen.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Here is a poll about how we feel about the punishment:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=30089900

Please vote and bump for a hopefully wide ranging view.

InfiniteZr0

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaruFrozen View Post
The sheer fact that screen looking is even possible really shows me that League, and quite possibly other e sports, still have a long way to go before they can be considered 'professional'. These guys shouldn't even be in the same room as one another let alone have the ability to turn their heads and look at a screen showing the entire map.

Sorry, but I don't care what the rules look like. This kind of thing shouldn't have even been possible to happen.
True that.
Put them in a box with a glass front.
You could probably build one for cheaper than buying 5(+backup) headsets

IuMienBC

10-10-2012

This decision is the poorest decision that I have seen in competitive e-sports history, and I say so as someone who has experience in running online competitions.

It should be simple: Azubu frost got caught cheating (violating the rules), which riot says is a major violation of the rules since a player on azubu frost looked at the minimap, pinged the location of tsm where azubu had no vision of tsm, and then brought blitzcrank top with jayce, without their adc, and jayce shot his Q into the bush where dyrus was and azubu had no vision of him.

Those are the facts and they are undeniable. Riot does not have the right to play God and say that that situation did not have significant impact on the outcome of the game. Why? In prior false starts for any reason, games were restarted for even more minor things let alone a player deliberately cheating. Furthermore, the case can be made that if you're a player on TSM and you know that the opposition is cheating, you have the valid feeling to be out of focus when you know that the opponent is cheating. That's not fair and it gave a competitive advantage for Azubu frost.

It's not okay to violate the rules of play and it's not okay to cheat especially at a competition of all competitions for league of legends and Riot Games. If this decision stands as is, League of Legends and Riot games will lose a lot of credibility and integrity and it's a disgrace for League of Legends, Riot Games, the community, and all of e-sports.

It's not okay to deliberately cheat and then for Riot to allow such a team to advance like the match was fair. Azubu frost cheated: the game should be disqualified at the very least, Azubu frost should probably be disqualified.

For the remaining players in the tournament: if you're playing in this competition and could advance closer to the 1 million dollar prize, maybe you should cheat too and pay 30 thousand of your million dollar prize.. It would be dumb not to, "it's arithmetic". That is the only incentive that Riot has encouraged in this poor decision. It's a League of Cheaters and Riot doesn't have the guts and common sense to make the right and fair decision.

I really am sorry to TSM and their fans and really am embarrassed being a community member who up to this point thought that League of Legends and Riot was supposed to be a professional game run by people who actually believed in fair competition. This League of Cheaters and Championship of Cheaters really isn't worthy of TSM to bother with anyway.

If Azubu frost really had any class left at this point, they should come out publicly and admit they cheated and should be disqualified for that game, but we know that won't happen. Is there really no honor and pride left in online competition?

..By the way, in the competition of all league competitions, why in the world does riot not have a public relations person for the specific season 2 championship? Why is it that in the age of cell phones and twitterverse, facebook, league forums--riot doesn't have someone posting on one of these mediums immediately when their steam goes down. It really is not professional and reminds the world and all of us how immature League of Legends/Riot and Esports really is. I wonder how many viewers wondered if their own connections were acting up and gave their ISPs hell for this among other things. When the streams/sites go down, Riot should immediately confirm and post somewhere and let their community know that they are aware of the issue, they are working on it, and when the service should be restored. People were online last weekend all day watching that mockery of power outs, connections issues, etc.. when they were expecting to see the semi-finals that after 8+ hours did not even happen.

DrMrStark

10-10-2012

Surprised it was such a small penalty, I mean, he's probly going to still get a share of the team's winning, just less so now.

coffee addict

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMrStark View Post
Surprised it was such a small penalty, I mean, he's probly going to still get a share of the team's winning, just less so now.
Well you know... small *pen*alty for small *pen*ises

Puhkee

10-10-2012

Typical Koreans cheating...

BrightnShiny

10-10-2012

Good investigation, thank you for looking into it, but hold the ****ing phone...

The first two rulings...

Because the "cheating didn't work" they didn't get punished? That's how this is going down? Really? What?

The warning was already issued... The warning was to not look at the screen.

They already had vision so it was no big deal to look at the screen? That... What? That was at least a minor infraction... You completely ignored that step and went straight to the 20% when you had to punish...

Spećter

10-10-2012

great job! would have been better if the stage was set differently, but its all good