World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praetorial

10-10-2012

Awesome Riot!

Now make booths for the players that are soundproof and prevent them from seeing the main screen!

cornbot1

10-10-2012

Pretty much its.. Dyrus looked at screen, Woong looked at screen. But AZF benefited so they get fined. That is stupid, they both should be fined.

YouHearThat

10-10-2012

cheats at worlds finals, gets fined,,,? are you serious Riot?

Sisu21

10-10-2012

while im glad that you are punishing the cheaters I feel disappointed in the fine amount tsm should have either taken azubu frosts place in the tournament standings or the fine be hefty as in 50% of the winnings fined to each player.

Fouquet

10-10-2012

Riot you've disappointed me. you've also lost a viewer for any of your upcoming "tournaments"

IsaacH

10-10-2012

It was always the korean teams and such :P

Multi

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizlakMonger View Post
I think the biggest thing here is how unfair it was to the players to even have that temptation there. Peaking at the screen can happen almost instinctively without constant vigilance. Its not fair that they have to first of all remind themselves not to turn their heads, but there is also the added stress of hoping your teammates don't ruin things for you by peaking, and also the paranoia of the other team getting an advantage by doing so without getting caught (which will also increase the instinct of peaking for yourself).

Imagine taking a test to determine your most important grade in a university, and the teacher puts all the solutions on the board and says you aren't allowed to look at them, and will fail the course if you do. You must look at your test at all times. This test suddenly becomes a lot more stressful even if you have no intention of cheating at all. You are nervous innocent head movements may get you in trouble. You are nervous your peers may deviously see the solutions without getting caught, thus lowering your grade on the curve. Then you must also just focus CONSTANTLY to not let your instinctive self peek up for a split second at a really frustrating moment during the test. I think this is a similar situation and can only detract from the quality of play exhibited. Just a momentary lapse of self-control (btw, humans do NOT have perfect uninterrupted self control, and self control is depleted with stress and mental fatigue from prolonged mental exertion) can cost you everything, even if you deeply did not have any malicious intents and wouldn't condone yourself peeking up.

But you guys have already realized this to be the case, so I guess this doesn't really add anything to the conversation.
You should've mentioned the stress that if your classmates cheat and don't get caught, they ruined the curve and cause you to fail :V

But even with all that, it wouldn't justify cheating. Personally, I feel that it's mob mentality and anonymity. I don't believe over half the people who are being real harsh in their comments could be truly honest with themselves and say they would not cheat with the temptation of $1,000,000 on the line.

I forgot where, but there is some kind of psychological test on the maturity of someone's morality. Most people fall somewhere in the most immature state and in the middle, where you don't do bad things because you'll get punished for it, and because if everyone did bad things it would be detrimental to everyone. The highest level of maturity in morality is doing what you do because you believe it to be just. This doesn't necessarily mean doing what YOU believe is just is "good" but just that your reasons for what you do are in the higher tier of morality. I actually don't think it was a morality test but something else, but I can't remember for sure :P

TL;DR, imo, most people wouldn't cheat because they would be afraid of getting caught and DQ'd, otherwise, they'd cheat if they KNEW they wouldn't get caught. But it's easy to condemn others.

Grananas

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Where are the teams cheated out fair chances?

Drukyul

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNG View Post
professionals shouldnt act like children who don't know how to control their temptations. if not, they are nothing more than toddlers who **** in their pants.
My statement holds true for industry professionals in a PhD program in a classroom as well as children.

Bubblehearthz

10-10-2012

Riot cares about their product and its players, this is evidence. Thanks for the time and explanation.