World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coffee addict

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMiTzNhan View Post
Why donate it to Korea?
To avoid claims of hoarding the money and discrimination

Lolily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I'm glad they looked into it more extensively, but I still find it a bit odd that they'd only get away with a fine. Whether or not TSM would've lost anyway isn't even important. The gameplay itself was still altered by the "cheating," and I think that alone is reason enough to just restart the game.

Rustmaker

10-10-2012

If you've determined that AZF had used the information gathered via cheating to gain an unfair advantage, then doesn't that warrant an immediate DQ?

Think about it in terms of school: any sort of cheating (that is, activities that can give you an unfair advantage) on a test, no matter how slight, is met with an immediate failed grade on the test (at least). At the graduate level, plagiarism is a serious offense that can discredit all of your work. In other sports, doping or any sort of substance abuse during the event leads to immediate disqualification.

So what sort of precedent is this setting for eSports? That we don't take cheating as seriously? Who is to say that AZF's advantage could not have allowed them to win? I'm not out for AZF's blood or anything and I appreciate the investigation, but I believe that it is only fair that they should be DQ'd outright (just like any other cheater, in any other circumstance).

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMiTzNhan View Post
Why donate it to Korea?
only logical reason i could see is because it's their region that cheated therefore they're keeping it within the region of the team that would have won it

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Well.. you heard it folks! Cheating is perfectly acceptable, you only risk losing a small % of your winnings. (awe damn, I only got $2,970,000 ... )

New strat for all championships!

* Buy an earpiece

*Hire someone to sit in the audience and relay you info about enemy positions

* Profit

KJNG

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
If the answers to all the test questions were on big boards on the side of the room, and you were failed for looking to the side, you could sue that school and win in court easily.

Azubu Frost were the only ones fined. All others were either warnings or concluded as not an issue.
professionals shouldnt act like children who don't know how to control their temptations. if not, they are nothing more than toddlers who **** in their pants.

Sonono Nene

10-10-2012

You guys did a REALLY BAD JOB at hosting this event. No matter what penalty you put on the cheating players, their opponents will never get a chance to get a fair treatment. As a TSM fan im really disappointed in you guys. TSM IS FOREVER DISQUALIFIED! and I will think it is you guys' fault by giving AZF advantage that costs only $30k for AZF but took TSM's one entire year of hardwork. If that's what winning a world championship costs, i bet hotshot and reginald will have more than enough moeny to purchase the gold medal.

coffee addict

10-10-2012

Woong needs to get buttdicked by a sumo wrestler

He's like a fat little hobbit that got hit in the face with a shovel

DaMiTzNhan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster ov Doom View Post
To avoid claims of hoarding the money and discrimination
So donate it to some needy American families?

Omnicloudx13

10-10-2012

Slap on the wrist for BLATANT CHEATING, lmao.

Not DQing azubu frost is such a bad move on Riot's part, what a joke to E-sports; get caught cheating? It's k, pay minor fine and stay in tournament.