World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelenas

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
30,000 dollars is not a small fine.

smh these guys are not millionaires. That could buy you a car, a decent house, or 4 years of college.
30k split between 5 people is a small ass fine. These people make more than you think.

Xypheric

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizlakMonger View Post
I think the biggest thing here is how unfair it was to the players to even have that temptation there. Peaking at the screen can happen almost instinctively without constant vigilance. Its not fair that they have to first of all remind themselves not to turn their heads, but there is also the added stress of hoping your teammates don't ruin things for you by peaking, and also the paranoia of the other team getting an advantage by doing so without getting caught (which will also increase the instinct of peaking for yourself).

Imagine taking a test to determine your most important grade in a university, and the teacher puts all the solutions on the board and says you aren't allowed to look at them, and will fail the course if you do. You must look at your test at all times. This test suddenly becomes a lot more stressful even if you have no intention of cheating at all. You are nervous innocent head movements may get you in trouble. You are nervous your peers may deviously see the solutions without getting caught, thus lowering your grade on the curve. Then you must also just focus CONSTANTLY to not let your instinctive self peek up for a split second at a really frustrating moment during the test. I think this is a similar situation and can only detract from the quality of play exhibited. Just a momentary lapse of self-control (btw, humans do NOT have perfect uninterrupted self control, and self control is depleted with stress and mental fatigue from prolonged mental exertion) can cost you everything, even if you deeply did not have any malicious intents and wouldn't condone yourself peeking up.

But you guys have already realized this to be the case, so I guess this doesn't really add anything to the conversation.
I think this is it exactly. You can be pissed at TSM, AZF or any other team, but who thought it would be a good idea to put the ****ing board visible to the players.

Shindou609

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Just curious why there has to be a direct benefit coming from the unsportsmanlike conduct for it to be considered a major offense?

blackraven1425

10-10-2012

I'm confused as to which, if any, of these incidents were fined and which were not.

Drukyul

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
I don't agree with the fine though since even in Academia cheating is punished harshly by you failing the class and more.
If the answers to all the test questions were on big boards on the side of the room, and you were failed for looking to the side, you could sue that school and win in court easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven1425 View Post
I'm confused as to which, if any, of these incidents were fined and which were not.
Azubu Frost were the only ones fined. All others were either warnings or concluded as not an issue.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Seems like a good investigation. Thanks for clarifying and announcing everything.

DaMiTzNhan

10-10-2012

Why donate it to Korea?

coffee addict

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
Very impressed at how this was handled. Good job.
I'm with you

Let's be friends and maek secks

KJNG

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnga View Post
blah blah blah
>why talk about possibilities, nerds?
>talks about possibilities himself

lel

Rei Ayanami

10-10-2012

Nice slap on the wrist Riot.