World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroKuno

10-10-2012

Yeah, this should of been a DQ and my question would be where TSM would be filled into all this.
I mean technically they can't play a team that would normally get DQ for cheating so what would TSM have to do in order to stay in the tournament?

There is a lot of stuff that is conflicting when IFs and THENs are being applied here.
I don't agree with the fine though since even in Academia cheating is punished harshly by you failing the class and more.

I don't get fined by cheating in Academia.

Xypheric

10-10-2012

So you put out a statement saying no one cheated. Calling all of the players who said so liars and encouraging us that referees were watching at all times. Then you change your ruling and fine AZF, but dont think that cheating is worth a rematch or disqualification.

I cant imagine that there is a good solution for all of this, but this is just plain stupid imo.

Tarmy

10-10-2012

SO RIOT

MLG DQ teams but you cant? wow grow some balls please and DQ these koreans or banned woong from all LoL tournies for life kthx

epidemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

You cheat you should be DQ end of story. A small fine compared to their earnings is just slap on the wrist. If you Riot wants to get E-Sports taken seriously then they should be DQed without question.

GeneralJapSlap

10-10-2012

$30,000... and a new League of Legends meme is born.

iCoffee

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
Lesson learned, cheating wins just 20% less of the earning.
This. If anything, teams should learn from this that they SHOULD cheat. If you can win a game by cheating, and only be fined 20% of CURRENT winnings - losing $30,000 for a shot at $2M - then CHEAT TO WIN, RIOT WILL LET YOU.

The penalty should have been 20% of whatever their total winnings become for this tournament (since they'll likely take the $2M after cheating, $30,000 isn't even 2%) AND that AF is not invited to compete in Season 3 - at a minimum. If Riot wanted to take this chance to show that they wouldn't allow cheating, TSM could have been given a bye for that game (or that series), AF should have been disqualified from the tournament, and AF would not be invited to Season 3.

Again, keep in mind that if AF wins this tournament - after obviously cheating - they face less than a 2% fine. It is literally nothing in the face of the grand prize pool. So, if you're reading this ruling, Moscow 5, CLG.eu, World Elite, Taipei Assassins, then you know it is safe to cheat. Cheat to win. Cheat for two million dollars. Riot will fine you 20% of your current winnings from them, and then they will give you two million dollars. You know it is safe now, because if they let Azubu do it then they will let you do it. Cheat. Win. Profit.

Sammy The Cat

10-10-2012

This is great and all, but 30,000 is nothing in comparison to 120,000 and a chance at the 1mil ImO.

Dekomori Deysu

10-10-2012

people need to stop focusing on the possible outcomes of the games

-maybe tsm's play was affected by their crushed morale due to cheating
-maybe tsm wouldve lost anyways as frost showed in the 2nd game that they were capable of winning the matchup

what is done is done, riot handled the situation well and even found a way to benefit charity

As long as this recognition of cheating gains publicity the rest of the punishment will come for frost in their reputation amongst fans and teams of the entire league of legends community

PS I am a HUGE TSM fan

LostInThisWorld

10-10-2012

20% of winnings is no slap on the wrists but if i was in charge i probably would have made an example out of woong and kicked him out, cheating in gaming is the biggest plague in esports and should not be tolerated, but i am happy with the decision and happy they looked into it.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Hey TSM fanboy's. Dyrus also looked back.