World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderfrog

10-10-2012

Riot wasn't running MLG

Redrowen

10-10-2012

1,000,000 - 30,000 = profit.

Gallath

10-10-2012

Quote:
AzF Woong committed a major infraction of the rules and the team is hereby collectively fined in the amount of 20% of the prize winnings earned by AzF as a result of advancing into the Semifinals ($150,000). AzFs total fine for this violation is $30,000. Further violations may result in additional penalties.
In a game where first blood could change the game? In a game where you can snowball?

I think Azubu Frost should be disqualified to make them an example.

This is a joke, you cannot tell someone did a MAJOR INFRACTION and not disqualify them.

Its not a minor infraction, its a Major infraction.

ShadowULF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

If Azubu Frost was found to have been cheating they deserve a DQ, simple as that. I understand not wanting to DQ the last Korean team in a tournament but a slap on the wrist sets a dangerous precedent for LoL e-sports Riot. Cheating = DQ, that is how it has to be in all competition because otherwise the benefits of an unfair advantage will always outweigh the repercussions when they are this slight. Please DQ them Riot, it is the right thing to do and the correct way to maintain integrity and garner respect going in to Season 3.

As for what to do after the DQ, traditional tournament mechanics would say that TSM gets a bye into the semifinals but since this matter was addressed AFTER TSM had lost their BO3 I'm not so sure that is the appropriate course of action. While unorthodox, consider this:

Have a playoff between TSM and the lose of WE/CLG.eu for the 4th spot in the semifinals.

This adequately punishes cheating, ensures that the quality of play is upheld in the semifinals, provides some compensation for one of the two teams that had to endure last Saturday's problems, and it establishes your power to properly control your own tournament.

DQ Frost, have TSM play the loser of CLG.eu/WE for the 4th slot in semifinals.

Multi

10-10-2012

I'm a little confused. So WE, IG, and AzF all cheated and did the exact same thing, but the punishment varies because of the benefits reaped from the action?

Does this make sense to anyone else? Shouldn't they all have been like, fined 20%? The only ones who got fined at all were AzF.

I'm not debating whether AzF should be punished more or less, but from what I read, it seems that WE and IG made the same actions, but got very different punishments.

Powershower

10-10-2012

MLG made the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
Riot. I has a question, and if any Riot employee wants to answer this, that would make me very happy.

Why were Curse and Dignitas disqualified from MLG for "collusion", (something that the fans were never given a lot of transparency on) while Azubu Frost received a very tiny fine for what the community can clearly see is a major case of cheating?

Seems unfair and inconsistent to me.

xDarax

10-10-2012

Cheating is allowed! woohoo!

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzcastic View Post
Dude, do you realize how much 30k is? People ***** about $100 tickets, and you're basically saying $30k ain't ****.

Personally, I'd be pissed if a teammate cost me an extra $6k because he decided to cheat. I'd kick him from the team.
30k to a normal person is a lot

30k to a team that just got 150k, and still has sponsorships and other tournament winnings from other tournaments with the potential to get up to 1 mil for this tournie is NOTHING.

Jammer0

10-10-2012

The punishment is a joke. Tell me which judge can determine whether winning the lvl 1 invading determined the outcome of the game? They have Almighty God on their officiating staff? Unprofessional.

AmbushIntheDark

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olymp1c View Post
It may be sad, but I could totally see this happening.
Outside of derp high school you would be Kicked out of school