World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radish

10-10-2012

Why don't you give the 30k to TSM? Azubu's cheating still gets them ahead.

Lemon Toast

10-10-2012

"We take this stuff seriously. Our rules on sportsmanlike conduct are clearly communicated to competitors, and our decisions here are based on those rules. More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldn’t have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future." ...with a 30,000 fine really? they continue to the next round and make a profit

Homerklez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaoShiki View Post
What the hell?!

You determined AZF cheated, and you didn't DQ or force a remake of game one?!

I mean, AZF was probably gonna crush TSM anyways, but this is total goddamn acceptance of cheating. It'd be one thing if refs determined there was no cheating on AZF's part, but this is bull****.
I agree with this. You're basically saying... You can look up at the screen but it'll cost you 20%. Its like saying a player in sports can use steroids, but you have to pay a penalty.

Cardboard Smurf

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisu View Post
As they said in the original posting, 20% of the earnings so im not entirely sure why you would doubt that it wasnt scaling.
It also said that the total fines for AzF was set at $30,000, so there is some reason for confusion there.

I am happy that Riot has put time into investigating the cheating, but my opinion on the fine is that it is very low. If you put yourself into the mindset of the players they are thinking I have a chance to win 1million dollars, and if I ensure my win with cheating, I have to pay back 20% of that. It just doesn't add up, there are not many people "noble" enough to resist that. Its like giving someone the average yearly salary over 10 times.

TehomCD

10-10-2012

Very impressed at how this was handled. Good job.

Amocoru

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinomo View Post
I was looking forward to a DQ, but I guess you take what you get. Thanks Riot, and I'm glad to see at least some kind of consequence as a result of violating conduct. Good work guys, and next time you host a tournament, try not to put the real time minimaps above their heads.
The "take what you can get" attitude isn't how you exact justice. The team outright and baltently cheated with 0 disregard for the rules. They should've been either disqualified or forced to replay the set with TSM ALONG WITH the fine. This was like popping a child's hand for reaching into the cookie jar.

Laurcus

10-10-2012

Riot. I has a question, and if any Riot employee wants to answer this, that would make me very happy.

Why were Curse and Dignitas disqualified from MLG for "collusion", (something that the fans were never given a lot of transparency on) while Azubu Frost received a very tiny fine for what the community can clearly see is a major case of cheating?

Seems unfair and inconsistent to me.

Powershower

10-10-2012

Based upon the options that riot has given for penalties

a. Penalties, as set forth in Paragraph 9.2, include, without limitation:
i. Verbal Warning
ii. Prize Money Deduction
1. Minor infraction: 5% of World Championship prize money
2. Major infraction: 20% of World Championship prize money
iii. Loss of Side Selection
iv. Game Forfeiture
v. Tournament Disqualification

I think Riot choose the right penalty for the situation. If you look at the ruling in a black a white judgement, saying "DQ is the only answer" then you write off the situation. TSM may have lost, they did not loose because of a lvl 1 ping. I am a fan of TSM, watching the games Regi was the only one that really held his lane in both games, top and bottom fell a little behind and never got the chance to catch up. The other two lanes plainly lost. Frost had the advantage and took it both games and kept it, it came down to TSM were outplayed for the rest of the games. This one incident did not determine how the entire series went down.

Bravo! Riot for the way you handled the ruling.

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyHill6 View Post
"We take this stuff seriously. Our rules on sportsmanlike conduct are clearly communicated to competitors, and our decisions here are based on those rules. More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldn’t have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future." ...with a 30,000 fine really? they continue to the next round and make a profit
Dude, do you realize how much 30k is? People ***** about $100 tickets, and you're basically saying $30k ain't ****.

Personally, I'd be pissed if a teammate cost me an extra $6k because he decided to cheat. I'd kick him from the team.

SculptorOvFlesh

10-10-2012

WHOSE WITH ME?!? I say, we make teams, get to the championships, AND ALL CHEAT! WHO CARES WE STILL ADVANCE AND WIN MONIEZ! Srsly Riot...