World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
Because I don't like TSM or because I don't like Riot's decision?

Sort of the 'manchild' thing I was talking about. Immature, inability to handle someone disagreeing with you?
you admit that you're a AzF fangirl, meaning your judgement on the matter is clearly tilted
Because of being an AzF fangirl you are looking at the punishment handed down to AzF as "wrong" because it's riot's fault that it was possible

You are basically saying "if's fine that they cheated because riot made it possible, it's not their fault!"

Then you show your hatred towards tsm and claim that they sent their fanboys out on a "witch hunt" instead of fans of esports in general being GENUINELY UPSET that cheating took place and affected the outcome of games and going on a "witch hunt" of their own initiative

You say another team wouldn't have had the reaction of "that is ****ing bull**** that they cheated" because tsm are "manchildren" please get real, if any other team got cheated they would feel just as wronged.

jZampage

10-10-2012

Pathetic, Riot. This is not enough. There should have been a rematch for TSM and AzF. This is your lackluster idea to see if this will smooth things over. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

9Line Asuna

10-10-2012

The AF v TSM game makes me not want to play the game anymore. This is disgusting.

Eristic

10-10-2012

Lesson learned, cheating wins just 20% less of the earning.

AmbushIntheDark

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevorast View Post
To be honest the other teams probably cheated as well, they just did it covertly, rather than overtly. Chauster was quoted as saying he could see the minimap without turning his head. So I'm sure he isn't the only one.

I think Riot did well, considering they caused this in the first place with terrible stage design. Anyone would cheat for a million bucks, if you say you wouldn't you must be a fool.

A fool? how about someone with 1 shred of a thing call self respect?

ValhallaXt

10-10-2012

RIOT just ruined their season 3. I don't think players will be confident to play with that ****ty decision. You can cheat and get out with that, why not just do it again?

Woot Elite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

30,000 that's it?

I can't get behind this at all. It seems like oh you cheated, but here you'll make less money then you would, but you still make more. Honestly? Why not just have the entire match replayed. But I guess 1st blood and a blue steal arn't enough to put the game in a teams favor.

VeRisiMiLaR

10-10-2012

So obvious cheating is a fine or warning, but collaboration with no proof shown to public is a dq. seems fair.

thehandz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
Is now fired yes ?

Akkku

10-10-2012

Riot I must say, you've reeeeeeeally ****ed up your tournament. I dont know how you thought it was okay for competitors to have even a slight possible chance of being able to look at the minimaps...