World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Router of D00M

10-10-2012

Im so glad this happened, thanks guys ))))

LXin

10-10-2012

+1

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Bet all those people saying that Frost ping was legit feel pretty stupid right now.

Lots of people should feel really really stupid after this.

Excellent work Riot, glad to see none of the games got overturned and none of the teams got DQ. Seems like you came to a fair resolution, based partially on the fact that this was largely your fault for having those maps in line of sight in the first place.

Good work, faith restored <3

AmbushIntheDark

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
The issue was Riot's venue, and multiple teams did the same thing but they orchestrated this huge post with bullet points and everything to look like they care when in reality they're probably just hoping people will put all the blame on the players (specifically amumu frost) and ignore their mistake. AZF is the scapegoat here, and the people will put their pitchforks away now.
AzF is the scapegoat? What about all the other teams that DIDNT cheat? Just because riot's venue mistake allowed it to happen doesnt make them look any less scumbag. They still cheated when other competitors were playing fairly.

Anemoneya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

woong you are so dishonorable for hiding what you did and never standing out to reveal the truth to your fans. A lot of AF fans will turn their back against your team because of you-_-

Deo Faye

10-10-2012

Good job following up on the accusations, but personally I would have been way harsher.

This may have happened because of your (Riots) mistakes of making it possible, but cheating is still cheating.

Also, wither or not the cheating impacted the game at all shouldn't have even been a factor.

Personally I think Riot should have put their foots down harder. It's very disappointing that they can't trust their professional teams to act professionally.

Sk33tSauce

10-10-2012

I like the transparency here. Line item, incident by incident rulings on what did and did not happen. I would say however, that some of these rulings seem a little lenient, particularly with regard to Woong. That could have totally changed the outcome of the game if TSM had successfully executed the tactic that their entire game strategy hinged upon.

Not a TSM fanboy here, CLG all tha way. But still.

Apart from that, nice job on the timely and transparent results of the investigation.

+1 Riot.

oWallruso

10-10-2012

While I agree with Riot punishing teams for cheating, the punishments were inconsistent. Screen looking is screen looking, regardless of the benefit received. All players who did not follow venue rules (looking forward at all times) should be fined.

Also: For having a rotating stage, would it not be easy to just rotate the stage so that they were parallel to the screen in the first place?

Bhare

10-10-2012

Just saying, i'd trade $30,000 for a bigger chance at a million any day.

kipplecWo

10-10-2012

This disappoints me, Frost should be disqualified. Allowing them to cheat and continue playing sets a bad example, especially when Riot themselves admits it had a significant impact on the game, and the series as a whole. This ruling the credibility of Riot esports, and if this continues, it'll be hard to take it seriously anymore. I already can't take the world championships seriously when Frost can still take home $800,000 even though they blatantly cheated to get it.