Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

World Playoffs - Rule Violations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RonaldLoveCraft

Huntsman

10-10-2012

Riot should match it with another 30k since it was there fault as well.

Diane Sawyer

10-10-2012

you know, you guys could just get a BIG SCREEN TV and put it up front of the players so there's no way of cheating unless they actually get up and walk over to the audience and look at the screen.

example : 0 = players, x = audience [________] = tv

BACK

00000 00000

FRONT

[________]

xxxx xxxx xxx
xxxx xxxxxx xxx

James Sunderland

10-10-2012

Pretty much a joke considering the penalty (30,000~) is absolutely nothing in comparison to what they stand to gain by cheating.

It kind of de-legitimizes the entire tournament if you let cheaters continue to play with no penalty other than a slap on the wrist.

Cunnt Destr0yer

10-10-2012

@Currencyy

They're already making sure that this won't be able to happen in the future.

@Riot

As a new and thus rather neutral member of the community, I'm impressed by how serious you've been taking these allegations. Good stuff.

Netomon

10-10-2012

I see people saying that in other sports there would be a DQ issued for cheating. Yeah, that would be true, but usually only if the way they cheated had an effect over the whole match/race/game, whatever it may be (like a runner using performance enhancing drugs).

Someone used the "Black Sox" as a comparison. How can you compare fixing game completely to what Frost did? They are on completely different levels of severity and the penalty Frost received is good enough.

Frost won one of the games fair and square against TSM (when TSM was ahead with 4 kills), they won their group matches fair and square. Woong messed up and Frost is paying for it. Frost doesn't deserve a DQ like others are implying though in my opinion.

spshooter

10-10-2012

Posted this in a separate thread but the forums move fast and it seems a lot of discussion is being done on this thread anyway:

I don't think the AZF punishment is harsh enough. I think the proper way to gauge whether or not it is the proper punishment is if the team knew beforehand that the penalty would be 20% of their earnings, would they still do it?

Considering Riot has acknowledged that the game changed as a result of the cheating and AZF gained an advantage from this that could have snowballed them to victory, I think the answer would be yes. 20% of the current earnings isn't much because they still profit from the exchange.

Now this assessment is neglecting the fame/prestige that comes with proving your team as the best team -- that clearly is tarnished by community knowledge of said cheating. But only looking at it from a monetary point of view, 20% to win a game? NBD.

I appreciate that Riot has made it clear which teams were cheating and which weren't so the allegations can stop. I also appreciate that they are donating the proceeds to charity. However, for a game company to make such a flaw in incentives makes me scratch my head.

There is now a precedent set for looking at the minimap at lvl 1. It is easy to "game" the system. No more need to worry about cheese such as the crazy IG lvl 1 strategies we saw. Just look at minimap to be safe and pay 20% of your winnings.

tl;dr AZF punishment too lenient. Sets a bad precedent.

Alex3omg

10-10-2012

Quote:
Laurcus:
I don't like the idea of a monetary fine for cheating. Instead of discouraging cheating, that simply turns it into risk vs reward.

You can almost think of it as spending 30,000$ for a greater chance of winning 1,000,000$. Does that sound wrong and really messed up to anyone else?

People can call me a TSM fanboy if they want, but I think Azubu Frost should be disqualified. Because from where I'm standing, cheating once in a tournament sounds like a really favorable gamble. By the math, it's just plain smart.

As an amumu frost fangirl I would prefer a rematch with a fair setup where neither team can see the minimap. They're 5-0 and deserve it- but now it's sullied. Riot had to have a scapegoat and they picked AZF. Even though Dyrus did the same thing, he just didn't benefit from it because of a convenient rematch.

I'm not saying TSM are the bad guys here, just that a lot of things in Riot's control came out pretty badly and the asian teams are suffering for it.

Whitenamese

10-10-2012

Quote:
DJay Saint:
So let me get this straight. Azubu Frost blatantly cheated and it was proven with hard evidence. They modified their play at level 1 upon seeing TSM's position which obviously had an impact on the game.

So they just get a small fine? However, at MLG both Curse and Dignitas are completely stripped of their prize money and disqualified from the tournament for allegations with NO HARD EVIDENCE of possibly sharing prize money.

So a team that blatantly cheats and gets caught with hard evidence barely gets a slap on the hand, while two teams are severely punished for an event of which there is absolutely 0 hard evidence of?

Even if Curse and Dignitas did agree to share prize money after MLG, that in no way affected the tournament outcome at all. Azubu Frost CHEATED to win. CHEATED. That DOES affect the outcome of the rest of the tournament.

I'm sorry, but "e-sports" is already a joke as it is. Blatant cheating in a tournament should not be allowed under ANY circumstances.

I dislike TSM as much as the next guy because of their lack of professionalism and public **** talking, but Azubu Frost needs to be disqualified from this tournament. If you can disqualify two teams and strip them of everything for an allegation of an event that didn't affect the tournament at all with 0 proof, then you should be disqualifying a team that purposely cheated and got caught with hard evidence, because cheating DOES affect the outcome of this tournament.

Cheaters should not be rewarded. I'm beyond disappointed with Riot at this point.

Raisu

10-10-2012

Quote:
SillyFearz:
Its still blatantly cheating even if they received no information. Had they received same information from their looks they would be in the same boat as AZF I dont think its fair just to give them a slap on the wrist just because they got nothing out of it looking to gain advantage is still looking whether you got the advantage or not.

At least thats how i see it cheating is still cheating whether you get something from it or not.

Yes cheating is still cheating...notice that they included the mention that "Further violations may result in additional penalties." where additional penalties can include fines for repeat minor infractions after being warned.

Edessya

10-10-2012

Will there be any follow up on the accusations that during the TSM vs AF one member of TSM was not wearing their headset correctly (had one ear uncovered), allowing them to hear the crowd/casters during one match?