Annie - Tankish - Stun Bot - Support // Mini-Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

09-27-2010

This is a mini guide of a build I tried a few times, it is quite effective, it does it job, but it also requires a good carry team.

Role:
- You will protect your teammates with stuns, so max cooldown is key. Also use auras to buff them and guard yourself. Your job is maximize the amount of stuns and absorb some damage for your team, your are NOT a primary tank, and your combo can still do decent damage.

Runes:
- CDR flat blues
- HP quints
- MP marks
- Mana regen/lvl yellows

Masteries:
9/0/21
- Max buff duration, mana regen, summoner spells and experience

Summoner spells
- Flash
- Teleport
- Cleanse
- Fortify
- Ignite
- Ghost

My personal preference are Ghost, Flash, Ignite and Teleport. Runing mostly flash teleport or flash ignite.

Items:
- Regrowth pendant
- Philosopher stone
- Boots --> If possible upgrades into Sorceress, otherwise mercury
- Innervating Locket
- Soul Shroud or Raduims omen (I like Soul Shroud better unless they are AD heavy)
- Haunting guise.

To complete the build you get:
- Aegis, Guardian Angel, Abysal Scepter, Force of Nature, sell phisolopher when you need the space

Spells:
- Q/W/Q/W/E/R
- After that Max R, then W, then Q, then E. It depends a lot if you can get close to cast W or if you have a hard time, then max Q before W.

Some ++++ about this build:
- 29-49 Magic pen + 15%.
- Q = 2.4 second cooldown
- R = 54 seconds on tibbers
- W = 4.8 seconds
- E = 18 sec (lasts 15 seconds, an almost permanent buff of armor and MR in fights).
- 1/2 a thormail from Molten shield
- Double stun combo in less than 6 seconds
- Really nice regeneration for laning and aftermatches (you dont need to go back), and team buffing.
- Very nice resistance and armor to absorb damage

How to max your stuns:
* Tibbers (R, stun 1) -> Q, W, E, Q, ->Q or W(stun 2)
* Q or W (stun 1)-> R (Tibbers), Q, E, W->Q or W (stun 2)
* Q (stun 1)-> W, E, Q, Q-> W (stun 2)

Khajja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

no. just...no

C00LST0RYBR0

09-27-2010

No AP is really a great idea on Annie... seriously. She's a nuker, that's going to help her alot.

HanzGruber

09-27-2010

Annie is all about her early game. I won't say I support this build style, but I will say it can work in a premade with practice. Here's the trick though, magic penetration. Invest in sorc boots and haunting guise early to maximize your killing power, then switch to your support role as mid game rolls around.

faerie charm + pots
mana manipulator (spelling check?) + boots + ruby crystal
sorc boots + tome or finished haunting guise
finish haunting guise (if not done) + aegis pieces or cloth armor or null magic mantle + ruby crystal
finish aegis
giants belt + blasting wand
finish soul shroud + negatron cloak or chain vest
finish abyssal scepter or glacial shroud

You'll take advantage of Annie's early killing power, first and foremost. The fact is, she can produce results till level 11 or so with nothing but boots. Then later you'll transition into a tanky stun bot. You won't be able to full on nuke a carry after around level 15, but you can scare them out of the fight and survive while you're focused.

I'm not sure any self respecting Annie would do this though.

Fluffy1

09-27-2010

annies scaling is ****, CDR is perfectly viable, but i wouldnt completely neglect your AP though, some good tank/CDR items have AP on them, 150-200 ap is plently

Mistjaymes

09-27-2010

your team carried you. with that build its basically 4v5

Madagan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

Annie is one of the best nukers in the game, and their are much better support characters already. Why would you waste a team slot with a bad build that doesn't tie in with the characters strengths

Gunflame

09-28-2010

about the comments:
No AP is really a great idea on Annie...
--- THIS IS FALSE... Annie has a mediocre AP scaling.

Annie is all about her early game. I won't say I support this build style, but I will say it can work in a premade with practice. Here's the trick though, magic penetration. Invest in sorc boots and haunting guise early to maximize your killing power, then switch to your support role as mid game rolls around.
--- Thanks for the confidence. First I must say this is an alternative built, not a primary build I find it fun being a stun bot. That being said this build gets you 39.6% or so CDR without golem AND max flat magic penetration (haunting guise, boots, runes and abyssal scepter if you take that root).
--- I took early locket because the mana regeneration is a pain with Annie, you run out of mana after 2 fights unless of course you get golem. I like the way you modified the build order so I might go that way.
--- This is mostly for a game where everyone just "picks whatever they please". Meaning at the end of champ selection you have a Yi, Katarina, Akali, Karthus and Annie. Of course this is NOT ideal, but sometimes in Normal games or Even ranked games with solo player this could happen. In this case you can go from a Mage/nuker build to a build like this one.

your team carried you. with that build its basically 4v5
-- With this build I could still take abouut 50% of squishies (aka NON GAREN), and I would save lots of people with good stuns. This is a support built, not a "i kill the whole team in 1 second" build. As all support builds you won't be carrying, instead you will support your team so someone else can carry you to victory

Annie is one of the best nukers in the game, and their are much better support characters already. Why would you waste a team slot with a bad build that doesn't tie in with the characters strengths
-- Annie is one of the best EARLY GAME nukers in the game. The best nukers would be anivia, veigar, akali and... well almost noone can nuke like them.
-- Stuns are on of the main strengths... I'm giving her 40% CDR to maximize this strength.
-- I can only think of Kennen as a stun bot. I dont know any other who can cast as many stuns as Annie in such a short period of time. Yes there are other people with snares/stusn and AoE snares/stuns, Amumu, Morgara. But after the first cast their stuns/snares are out for a LOOONG time. If 3 seconds after a fight a carry shows up there's nothing they can do to stop it, on the other hand annie always seems to have a Stun ready because it only takes 5-6 second, or at most 7 seconds to charge it up.

SpiritStalker

09-28-2010

The problem i have with this build, is why bother?

Just play kennen instead so you can be a stunbot WITH ap.

Why use this on annie when kennens basic combo of QWER + 1 auto attack can easily produce 3 stuns without any need for cooldown reduction.

Kennen also has amazing early game dominance, at least on par with annie since his buff.

AIM7Sparrow

09-28-2010

I disapprove of this thread.