Kha'Zix, in a good spot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaDragon42

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanka View Post
He's pretty strong...

His q does soo much damage, and his "resets on kills/assist" leap is pretty ridiculous.
ok, about the Q 1) it deals more damage isolated targets, meaning you should be trying to keep with your minions/allies more instead of going off on your own. 2) Evolved Q does more damage to targets with lower health, so if you see that he evolved his claws dont give him the chance.

his E 1) it has a long cooldown for a basic ability (22,20,18,16,14 sec), the kill/assist reset is kinda needed in order to make it usefull. 2) it has a high mana cost, 3) the range is pretty short unless evolved.

In addition Kha'Zix is an assassin, meaning he traded def stats for more damage. If you CC him you should be able to take him down pretty quickly.

Summerfest

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeIse View Post
You're spoiled rotten on the farming junglers. That's not entirely what jungling is about.

Kha'Zix makes up for lack of CC with outright burst. He jumps on a squishy and will easily chunk 70% of a champion's health between his Q, passive, and E.

Like he said; Kha Zix is a secondary carry. He gets the gold from his kills. The jungle is a source of red buff and experience in his downtime. He doesn't need to spend all his time in the jungle when he can roam to any lane and jump on someone. The range on his jump makes it easy for him to avoid commonly placed wards.
The problem with pure gank junglers is they're hard countered by early wards and safer play. The enemy knows as long as they're safe, mid-late game will become 5v4.5 in their favor.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeIse View Post
You're spoiled rotten on the farming junglers. That's not entirely what jungling is about.

Kha'Zix makes up for lack of CC with outright burst. He jumps on a squishy and will easily chunk 70% of a champion's health between his Q, passive, and E.

Like he said; Kha Zix is a secondary carry. He gets the gold from his kills. The jungle is a source of red buff and experience in his downtime. He doesn't need to spend all his time in the jungle when he can roam to any lane and jump on someone. The range on his jump makes it easy for him to avoid commonly placed wards.
You do know that Carries rely much more on farms than gold right?

I mean, if you get an insane amount of kills that gold certainly helps. But farming is often a massive factor in a Carry becoming as....Carry.

Summerfest

10-10-2012

Kha Zix does have an amazing niche, only on 3s. He's outclassed on 5s but God Tier in 3s. So if you really want to play Kha you need to learn to love the Twisted Treeline.

Rysan Marquise

10-10-2012

I feel his W should apply his passive unevolved. Now it is a more interesting choice if he gets it.

Leap should have a substancial reduction in cooldown and an increase in mana cost. Give players the choice to use it more often, if they have the mana for it, reducing its reliance on its upgrade.

He doesn't need huge buffs right now, he just needs some improvement to his unevolved W and E reducing the difference between them and their cousins. Giving his W a 1:1 AP ratio on the heal would also be nice. Its not like anyone builds him AP, but it makes having it a bit more interesting and an alternative to life-steal based sustain.

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysan Marquise View Post
I feel his W should apply his passive unevolved. Now it is a more interesting choice if he gets it.

Leap should have a substancial reduction in cooldown and an increase in mana cost. Give players the choice to use it more often, if they have the mana for it, reducing its reliance on its upgrade.

He doesn't need huge buffs right now, he just needs some improvement to his unevolved W and E reducing the difference between them and their cousins. Giving his W a 1:1 AP ratio on the heal would also be nice. Its not like anyone builds him AP, but it makes having it a bit more interesting and an alternative to life-steal based sustain.
There would be no reason to evolve his W if it did that.

Primanocte

10-10-2012

If you can't dominate top lane with him you're bad. He's even better than Rengar.

KingDinger

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSmurfz View Post
but hes just not a great jungler. he has slow clear speed, sub-par sustain, and mediocre ganks with no cc but a 30% slow. you need gold for an ad carry. a jungle assassin gets no gold
...actually he is really fast if you evo W at 6. and counterjungling is a must. he can easily 1 vs 1 most other junglers.

im yet to be outfarmed as jungle kha zix. only problem is mid-late game for me cos my team doesnt like when i join fights after they start...they prefer running off as soon as i join a fight and me dying...

Adumu

Recruiter

10-10-2012

I don't get the whole "His jungle clear is bad" thing, lol. I clear just fine, though my health does fall a bit too low to gank if I don't get a good leash on blue.

Siky

10-10-2012

He's fun, but not competitive.

The fact of life for all assassins without CC is that they will never be competitive. Just look at past tournament picks and if the champion isn't OP you'll quickly see. The only assassin type champion picked at all during S2 World Playoffs was Diana and she has a hard CC.

There's no room in competitive LoL for a melee assassin to only have a slow as their CC regardless of where they go. Good players will simply stun or root you and you will die from the AOE alone.

Riot is obviously aware that melee champions have issues and they are hoping itemization will change that. I hope that in the future, items will work the way buffs work, granting full stats to melee and lesser stats to ranged in certain areas, so that melee can offset the advantage that ranged innately have (same stats, melee can't kite other champions).