@Riot Elo System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheyCallMeMoe

10-09-2012

You guys have developed a good system for ranking individuals based on skill, but I feel you guys need to make some adjustments, because when I lose 13 elo for playing a 3v5 it irks me. The elo system is designed to prove who the better players are, and over a large number of games that doe show, but why there is no system that reduces elo lost when playing a 4v5 or 3v5 baffles me. I know that some people have won 4v5's, but things like that are incredible hard to do, but it is no excuse for why something like this hasn't been put in place. I know you guys are worried about potential abuse cases and all but is it really so hard to say, "Hmm at 20 mins they have two lvl ones on there team, maybe we should reduce the elo loss."

I know this seems to be the angry rant of another player, but it's cases like this that give people of the community negative attitudes towards the game, and makes players rage when they put so much time and effort towards grinding elo. Anyways just thought I should point this out (not like people haven't done that already). I'll attach my lolking profile so you can see (its the 0-10 Galio game)

P.S. To Lyte and his team well done on the honor system, it is a great feature that has brought a little hope for our community and I thank you very much for that.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23653151#profile

TheyCallMeMoe

10-11-2012

Bump for answers!!!!! Because I just played 2 4v5's in a row!!!!!

Lowball

10-11-2012

So. Basically in unbalanced games due to large part leaves and disconnects should be investigated so ELO loss and gained is reduced for both sides. With the amount of games that end up like this it would be time consuming to investigate all the cases since there are probably thousands a day. In my opinion, leave it alone. I have been on both sides of a 3v5, 4v5 and a 1v5 several times. Over time it all balances out.

MaddHatter44

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowball View Post
So. Basically in unbalanced games due to large part leaves and disconnects should be investigated so ELO loss and gained is reduced for both sides. With the amount of games that end up like this it would be time consuming to investigate all the cases since there are probably thousands a day. In my opinion, leave it alone. I have been on both sides of a 3v5, 4v5 and a 1v5 several times. Over time it all balances out.
assuming it actually does even out... which in the end it would take very long time.. and you still wouldnt get anywhere if you had any sort of bad luck

TheyCallMeMoe

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowball View Post

Not saying it needs to be done on an investigative basis, but more an algorithimic basis, such as if there is a champ that is level one by the games end, then elo gains and losses are reducded respectively if the team with less participating champs losses