Interesting Team Comps:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

10-25-2012

Heya!

I've been doing a ton of thinking lately, and came up with some really synergistic team compositions! Let me know what you think!
----------
Team Lockdown: Focuses on major CC in teamfights.
-Amumu jungle
-Malphite top
-Morgana mid
-Kennen bot (ADC-- AD Kennen, not AP)
-Zyra support bot

The idea? Amumu ulti's, Malph ulti's, Morg and.. Hell, all of them ulti, one after another in a teamfight. The enemy can never do a thing.
--------------
Team Pin: Focuses on taking one enemy out of the equation
-Volibear top
-Urgot bot (ADC)
-Blitz bot (support)
-Galio mid
-Skarner jungle

The idea? In a team fight, Blitz would grab someone to initiate. Galio would hold everyone with his ulti, while Skarner impales. Then Urgot ulti's. Then Voli flips. It would take a TON of coordination and KEY timing, but, everyone would just beat on whoever was unlucky. Then it's a 5v4.
--------------
Team Dispersal:
-Alistar top
-Shyvana jungle
-Xin Xhao bot
-Draven bot
-Anivia mid

The idea? Displacing. To the point that the enemies are confused in a teamfight and can't attack. (Ever been in a teamfight, and you can't pick a focus target until it's too late, due to the movement or arrangement? Or even with good judgment, too much is going on?). Xin Xhao would ulti to initiate and move everyone away. What's the common reaction? Reform. Shyvana would then ulti to push them in another direction. At that point, Alistar headbutts someone away and out of the fight for a bit, and Draven pushes someone with his... (Stand Aside? I think it's called?). Draven seems odd here, yes? Well, that ability with the others allows Anivia to Crystallize (ice wall) properly, separating them further. While they're disorganized from the mess, your team was prepared and is beating on them.
----------------

Tell me what you guys think! And any other thoughts that would belong here!

Best Furry NA

10-25-2012

One view, one -1.

If you're going to downvote, I'd love to at least hear why...

adc

10-25-2012

Team comp 1 - enemy team doesn't group. Suddenly, you're ****ed if they have equal farm as you. Malphite is banned quite a lot, so good luck getting him. Morgana is sort of in the same vein as malphite, though not as strongly. AD Kennen isn't that great, so if the enemy team doesn't get caught out and plays well, you'll probably lose late game. Let alone the fact that if you want his ulti to do anything, you can't really be autoattacking.

Team comp 2 - Alright. So Galio has ulted, Blitz has grabbed, Skarner has ulted, Urgot has ulted, Volibear has flipped. What's this accomplished? You've used most of the strong CC and a bunch of the damage you have on one target, and the enemy at this point probably doesn't have most of their skills on CD. Your AD carry is in the middle of the enemy team at this point, and everyone else is back because of how their skills work. You're spread out, they're surrounding your carry. I don't foresee too great a future.

Team comp 3 - You're really sending Ali top and Xin bottom? Lmao. Beyond that, Draven doesn't scale to late game well, Xin doesn't scale too well, Shyv doesn't scale too well, and Ali/Anivia are decent. They push it super late game with strong late game heroes, you're probably going to lose.

iRetreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Team Lockdown: Focuses on major CC in teamfights.
-Amumu jungle
-Malphite top
-Morgana mid
-Kennen bot (ADC-- AD Kennen, not AP)
-Zyra support bot
I've used similar team comps before. However I replaced Kennen bot with a more standard adc with AOE damage (Graves, MF, etc.)

The team comp works well vs teams with no disengage, but very poor vs anivia, janna, and teams that don't group. Basically you just focus on taking objectives and try to force them to initiate on you.

Quote:
Team Pin: Focuses on taking one enemy out of the equation
-Volibear top
-Urgot bot (ADC)
-Blitz bot (support)
-Galio mid
-Skarner jungle
If you want to pop someone, I would run Olaf to over Voli. If you want to flip someone, singed is probably a better pick, because he also has an AOE slow. However bursting 4 ults to kill one person is not a great strategy in general.

Quote:
Team Dispersal:
-Alistar top
-Shyvana jungle
-Xin Xhao bot
-Draven bot
-Anivia mid
This team comp is where you lost me. Why would Ali be top? Also why wouldn't you have Janna in this comp? If you moved Ali to jungle, Janna as support, and Xin top, it would be a lot stronger. While having strong disengage is nice, you normally want hard poke and some kind of sustain in a disengage team comp, or a strong split push. This allows you to poke the enemy down while chipping away at towers or split pushing, not having to worry about being engaged on, and negating the enemy's team (hopefully) weaker poke. Ali has heal, so that is nice, but this team comp has no poke or split push potential. Replacing Xin with Nidalee would help, because of her spears when AP, or split push potential when AD. Shen would also be a good replacement, because of his split push potential.