Kha'zix players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balaram

10-16-2012

Just played Kha for the first time (free week, yay!), and I found him to be an INCREDIBLY fun roflstomp champion; I ended up going 31/11/12 (most kills I've ever had in a dominion game). So I want to learn how to play the feller properly.

How do you guys build him? What skills do you prioritize? How do you evolve him? How do you use his skills? What are his combos?

I build Ionian, Sanguine, Maw, FM, YG. Frankly, I felt he dropped off as I got the last 2 items, so I'm sure I was doing something wrong. The skill order I opted for was R > W > Q > E. Evolved double ult first, then triple shot, then wings. None of which I fully understand just yet.

So yea...any tips would be welcome!

Orphane

10-16-2012

Ionian's early, Merc/Tabi late, Prospector's, Brutalizer (Not Youmuu's), Last Whisper, Glacial -> Frozen Heart when you drop Ionian's, Maw of Malmortius

Replace Prospector's if you actually get to that point with whatever defense item you might want, like possibly a Frozen Mallet or Odyn's or something.

Kha'zix scales with CDR, tankiness, and arpen, which allows him to spam bread and butter Qs without dropping like a fly in teamfights. You really should be timing your entrance into teamfights to avoid the bulk of cc's/focus, though.

Always rank R > Q first.
E > Q > W or Q > E > W are probably your better evolve options.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

http://www.dominatedominion.com/revi...-khazix-guide/

<insert shameless self plug here>

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

It's not the best guide I ever wrote. I had submitted it without realizing there was no edit option.

Veni13

10-17-2012

Regarding his playstyle...do you go Q > W after you jump onto a squishy and engage it 1v1, or W > Q?
I guess the spell you most want to spam (and level) is Q? I'd think it was W, seeing how it damages several opponents at the same time, and deals just about the same amount of damage?

Phourc

10-17-2012

^ Level Q first, always. It does massive damage. W is decent for poke wars ( I bring one point to WM fight), so I level it second. E is nice but one point is plenty with the refresh, so, R > Q > W > E.

The gist of my playstyle is find something kill-able looking (Isolated or low health), jump on it, Q, Autoattack for the passive, W, Q, leap away!

A Slime Appears

10-17-2012

The title made me think this would be another one of those "how does it feel to roll your face across the keyboard and get a penta" threads. Well played.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-17-2012

I'm a pretty beastly Kah'Zix. I always start off with ProBlade, Shoes, 2hp pots like any normal AD person.

I usually grab Merc Treads if the other team has at least 2AP/CC guys. If there are 4 or 5 AD I'll grab Ninja Tabi.

I think grab Vampiric Slayer for some life steal and Brutalizer. Then this is where my item build depends on how the game is going. If they're stacking armor, I go straight into LW. If not, I'll go ahead and grab a Sanguine blade. If they're still not stacking armor, I'll grab either a thornmail or Maw (depending on who's giving me a hard time.)

As for evolution points, I always go: E Q W. As to how I attack someone. If I'm being on the offense, I'm looking for a sure fire kill. Why? Because I'm leaping into the fight. I use my W in mid leap that way it launches right as I land and doesn't cause any delay in my next attacks. I follow up with a Q and an auto attack at which point they're usually dead. If not, I Q them again.

If I'm still good to go, I'll keep fighting. If not, Leap away!

I have actually leaped through 2 champs to get to a 3rd squishier or almost dead champ while under 200hp, grabbing the kill and leaping away to safety. >=D

Catnium

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
you overstacked cooldown reduction waisting 3 mastery points for cdr you cant use anyays because it totals over 40%

also you should consider using not only cdr/ lvl runes but use 2 cdr runes rest cdr / lvl this will equal out at lvl 18 and still keep you at the same cdr while still providing 1.31 cdr early on before lvl scaling

2 cdr runes =1.31
7 cdr / lvl runes = 6.70 cdr at lvl 18

see thats 8% together , same as with full cdr/lvl runes only you get 1.31 early wich can give you an advantage on long cd's such as ults etc

Sazdek

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
you overstacked cooldown reduction waisting 3 mastery points for cdr you cant use anyays because it totals over 40%

also you should consider using not only cdr/ lvl runes but use 2 cdr runes rest cdr / lvl this will equal out at lvl 18 and still keep you at the same cdr while still providing 1.31 cdr early on before lvl scaling

2 cdr runes =1.31
7 cdr / lvl runes = 6.70 cdr at lvl 18

see thats 8% together , same as with full cdr/lvl runes only you get 1.31 early wich can give you an advantage on long cd's such as ults etc
I tossed this guide together rather quickly while at work so I didn't have a lot of the time or resources readily available at the time for min/maxing the numbers. I also wasn't aware at the time you couldn't edit guides after submitting so, it's stuck how it is for now =/

Thank you for the suggestion though. I've been making handwritten notes on things to change including expanding build progression and all that once I'm able to edit the guides.