Allow chat to be disabled completely PLEASE READ and consider

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

00Milkman00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Ok, I have been a long long time player of this game, but I have really had it and am at my limit. I was going to say that this community is trash, but to be honest it is just the Internet in general, and really there is nothing you can do about it. You aren't going to ban the verbal harassers since this is a free game and I get that, and even if you do ban them, there will be 5 others to replace the 1.

Anyway, that said I have a suggestion:

I would like to request that you are allowed to turn chat completely off (not just a language filter, but shut it off completely). I would suggest the following:

• Allow this option to be remembered so I wouldn't have to shut it off every game.
  • When starting the game (both in pregame and in the game itself) the game should notify all players that Player x has their chat shut off
  • During the game, every 10-15 minutes the game should remind everyone (in the chat window) that "REMINDER - Player x has their chat disabled".
  • If someone has their chat disabled, the game does now allow reporting for not communicating.

It is really a shame that it has come to this, but I just can't take the chat in this game any longer, and I think this is a viable solution since it would cut down on the verbal harassment reports.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Absolutely not. If someone verbally harasses you, simply ignore or mute them. Keep communicating with the rest of your team.

00Milkman00

10-10-2012

Absolutely not.

By the time that I ignore them, the damage has been done, not to mention, the other people that pile on. I am tired of it. I am not going so far as to say that Riot isn't doing anything about it, but rather the amount of rude, nasty people that play this game would cause Riot to ban a LOT of their player base, and that just simply isn't feasible either.

00Milkman00

10-10-2012

BTW - lately it seems like I am reporting people for verbal harassment 9 out of 10 games. It is out of control.

Sereg Anfaug

10-10-2012

Maybe you need to recalibrate your standards - yes, there're alot of unpleasant people, but they're rarely that bad. Especially since the release of honor, most teams I've been on have been quite tolerable.

00Milkman00

10-10-2012

Now I need to recalbirate my standards??? No.

All I am trying to do here is PLAY A GAME, which is supposed to be fun right??? I am tired of not having fun because of these nasty nasty people in this game.

This is a social game, and in the perfect world, the chat aspect is a good thing to have, but it just isn't feasible right now with these people.

BTW - The day the honor system was released, stuff got better. The next day it was back to "normal".

Sereg Anfaug

10-10-2012

Hmm, I've noticed a continued improvement over pre-honor games. And my point is, maybe you're being too sensitive. This is the internet. People are dicks. Deal with it. There will be some extra special exemplars of ******baggery - those are the ones you report. There will also be some unusually pleasant players - those are the ones you honor. Everyone in between, you deal with.

Edit: I think I may have found your problem - In your last ten games, you've played a single champion, and you have a negative KDAR(not just KDR - I'm including assists) in half of those matches, and a negative KDR in three more. Not only are you very inflexible in what you play(I assume you start alot of the trouble in champ select by refusing to allow anyone else to ADC, or locking in Caitlyn whether someone else has already picked an ADC or not), you're also doing quite badly(I'm a 750 ELO player - not good by any standards, but even I rarely have a negative KDAR - 2 of my last 10 games are negative, and one of those was a custom 1v1 top lane with someone trying to give me some tips on improving my worst lane[it's worth noting that in my other negative KDAR game, my team was actually quite forgiving about it]). It also looks like you're not a very communicative person, judging by your expressed desire to block all chat, so it's really no wonder you're drawing hostility from your teammates.

If you want to play this game, but A) insist on doing what you want to do, and B)prefer to ignore your teammates, I strongly recommend that you play either AI games, or customs wherein even your own teammates are bots. This will prevent you from experiencing most or all negative chat from your own teammates, and will also isolate your particularly poor willingness to work with allies from the rest of the community of a team-based game.

00Milkman00

10-10-2012

I shouldn't have to "DEAL" with anyone in between. I shouldn't have to deal with "DICKS". It is not unreasonable to ask for chat to be shut off if they are not going to deal with the negativity.

You are absolutely right about my history. Well done. Why you ask??? You die once or twice, and everyone starts talking their trash, I get disgusted, I get distracted, and I die MORE. A LOT MORE.

What you determine as my "particularly poor willingness" to work with allies, is a typical, halfassed response based on what you see in my history, which doesn't tell a complete story. It is EXACTLY that kind of **** that happens in game when people jump to conclusions based on seeing nothing.

You died twice??? YOU ARE A NOOB - HUG THE TURRET. Maybe you didn't see that BOTH times I died, jungle came down and turret dove me. They only see two deaths and immediately you are a noob. Just like you seeing that I have played one character. That means I am particularly poor at team playing.

It definitely doesn't mean that for 10 games in a row people were ok with me picking Cait and had no problem with it.

If I wanted to play against BOTS there are LOTS of single player games that are far better than this one that I could play.

I could EASILY accomplish what I wanted by making a macro every game that held in tab and pressed the left mouse button 9 times. I don't want to do that, nor should I have to. You are right, this is absolutely a team game, HOWEVER the LARGE majority of people that I come across don't play as such.