@Morello: Let's talk Varus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keiffo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Maybe casting his Q should knock him back a bit. Maybe the distance could be based on the charge of the Q. Would be a nice escape. ;p

Shadow Master

10-10-2012

Varus is the only ADC I play, since I think he's the best and most fun, but I don't think it's his kit that's lackluster.

I think he just sits in an itemization niche that doesn't exist: AD items with magic penetration.

Yes, yes, "zomg noob! Varus is ADC, not a mage!"
And I don't build him AP, but rather hybrid, and with primary focus on AD.
But he deals significant magic damage no matter how you build him, and too much of it is mitigated by magic resistance.

As such, I think he and champions like him need an item (or items) to provide both AD and magic penetration.

VictusOmnis

10-10-2012

I just want his hail of arrows to give sight. The guy doesn't have any escape skills so why can't we at least gain sight on the damn e.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

10-10-2012

He's one of my favorite characters, especially amongst the ranged carries.

But like Skarner's situation with his E, he's basically missing an ability. : S

AidanNaut

10-10-2012

I don't like how he has such a short range auto attack for how 'long range' he's suppose to be.

Draco Magica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I personally feel like the cast time on his E should be removed/He can move while casting it. The same treatment as Rengar's W.

It'll greatly benefit his kiting ability to help make up for his lack of escape somewhat. It also helps for getting into range to slow an opponent to help chase, or activate blight stacks.

Spiderbubble

10-10-2012

I only played him twice while he was free. I hate playing ADC. I loved playing Varus.

I honestly think he's just fine the way he is. There's actually a trade-off between when you should be using your abilities, which adds skill to his gameplay that other carries don't have.

EFG

10-10-2012

I don't like champions who have abilities whose optimal use in teamfights is to not use them.

Zathson

10-10-2012

"So for every second your enemy is standing on it, you can auto attack and Blight detonates automatically."

No it does not. Why do you post when you know nothing of the champion?

GloriousKaiser

10-10-2012

His ult is really strong.

Everything else is meh.