@Morello: Let's talk Varus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

11-14-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xethik View Post
Meddler, has there been any more discussion regarding Varus? Is reducing his cooldowns something we are likely to see any time soon? Maybe some CDR on his W (though that's probably too much passive on one text) or reducing cooldowns on popping Blight? I agree his cooldowns are too long, but I'd personally like to see some more interesting ways to reduce his cooldowns rather than a number squish.
No changes planned in the very near future at the least. We've got a lot of changes coming soon with the Season 3 items/masteries/revised jungle/summoner spell changes that are potentially of significant benefit to Varus (in particular Runaan's Hurricane as announced today, making it harder for junglers to gank eary with boots and some other stuff I'm not sure if we've talked about yet). Once those changes have gone out and everyone's had some time to play around with builds we'll certainly take a look at him though (and a lot of other champions too of course).

powerisall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

As far as the long cooldown is concerned on his Q, why not make the cooldown timer start as soon as the ability is cast?

EDIT: took me about 2 seconds to realize that would have the opposite intended effect. Instead of rewarding you for a short range arrow and making you feel punish for a long one, you feel punished for a short range arrow and rewarded for a long one. I need some sleep.

smokey5430

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
No changes planned in the very near future at the least. We've got a lot of changes coming soon with the Season 3 items/masteries/revised jungle/summoner spell changes that are potentially of significant benefit to Varus (in particular Runaan's Hurricane as announced today, making it harder for junglers to gank eary with boots and some other stuff I'm not sure if we've talked about yet). Once those changes have gone out and everyone's had some time to play around with builds we'll certainly take a look at him though (and a lot of other champions too of course).
Can you look into fixing his passive bug?

When he gets an assist and kills a minion he'll receive both parts of his passive, when he gets the kill and then kills a minion he'll only receive the champion kill portion.

xethik

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
You're amazing Meddler. <3 Well, all Reds are, let's be honest.
But yes, thank you kindly for keeping us updated and actually responding. It truly warms my heart!

Runaan's Hurricane could definitely be a solid item on him, especially seeing how PD (and perhaps crit builds in general if IE gets tweaked, too) is getting nerfed. Lower CDs + easily popping blights on 3+ champions could be devestating if combined. Again, it really depends how other items are tweaked and how essential crit is to be a strong carry. I could even see Ruunan's being a Last Whisper replacement on Varus if he wishes to focus more on AoE.