Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Report in PBE? IDIOT"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ashantess

10-10-2012

Well, tell me.
Does banning really do anything here?
I was reading some stuff in forum about banning for certain things like trolling or offensive langueage. But it is for real?
Well, each game when I get some rude players and I just write that I will report them for being offensive, they swear even more and laugh that its pbe, so the report doesnt mean anything.

It is really annoying. People just go afk instantly or swear all the time and then just say they have like 10 more accounts so they don't care. And really I can't check new champs or builds, because each time I try something different than usual, I get so much negative attitudes and "noob" and "uninstall".

So I ask... can we test banning rude players as well?

Darklarik

10-10-2012

thing is, PBE is for testing. Not winning games.

Your suppose to be on lookout for bugs, glitches, and testing changes to champions. Having a full team to do this in unessesary, even if you lose your game, your still testing what needs to be tested.

If you want to play with less abuse go to normal.

If your being raged at, just mute them. seriously. try and have fun, remember you can also troll them back, although this is reducing yourself to there level and is unwarranted.

MadLock

10-10-2012

PBE bans are a lot more serious, You can only make another account 3 days in a month.

Darth Melkor

10-10-2012

Quote:
ThatxGuy1337:
PBE bans are a lot more serious, You can only make another account 3 days in a month.

Yeah reports do count and like this guy said they are more serious ever since they limited new account creation to the 1st 3 days of each month. They did this specifically to reduce the amount of trolling accounts. So go ahead and report, just because this is PBE and winning/losing doesn't matter doesn't mean that it's OK to ruin peoples experiences in the process.

Also, if you don't know how to ignore already, all you have to do is hold TAB and click the ignore button next to the players name.

Zair Umbras

10-10-2012

As the person mentioned. Most of these people claim, and actually do have, over 10 accounts. While making accounts is limited to 1 per email and only 3 days a month, this doesn't stop them from making multiple emails at the beginning of the month and accounts for each. I really think this should just be changed to like... 3 accounts per IP instead. Might make things better.

Karzoug

10-10-2012

In other words, you can try reporting people, but most of the people you report have literally 9 other accounts they'll hop on immediately after one gets banned, make a couple new accounts on the first, and keep trolling.

ashantess

10-12-2012

So if reporting isn't useless can it be announced anywhere?
each time getting answers like "ur idiot, its just pbe" can make people rage ^^

I am not used to ignore people, because then I can't hear ping for example or read any messages concerning the game itself. I just ignore when I am totally angry

And it is not true that PBE is not for winning. It is a game, just like on a normal server, people come here to play and to win as well. I don't understand people saying its only for testing, cause how can you know anything if you leave game or go afk. It is just trolling, not playing. Hate people who come just to make others lose.

MadLock

10-13-2012

You can still see their pings I believe. Also it is for testing. The whole point of the server is to find bugs.

mez002

10-13-2012

Your moms are all virgins

blade1266

10-15-2012

my PBE account got banned for 6 years, I was sad.