champion-specific key bindings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paradoxutopia

10-10-2012

I don't know if it's just me, but I would like to have champion-specific key bindings so I don't have to change them in game all the time. Some champion abilities are just better and more natural with smart-casting. Riot could just save them as profile settings unique to the champion.

Some champions whose kit would benefit from smart casting rather than the default: Syndra's Q, Ezreal's blink, Zyra's Q, Graves' dash, to name a few.

Anyone else feel similarly?

ALLIIAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Rumbles ult
JK, I always use that **** on smart cast
BECAUSE I PLAY VIKTOR

Insanity Cow

10-10-2012

I default everything to smartcast except ults, which I default to point and click

if the ult works better smartcasted or if the ability works better point and click, i switch

Twilíght

10-10-2012

Learn to smart-self cast.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I agree with you and asked this very question @Brackhar a few months ago. If I remember right, he said that it wasn't something on their radar, but agreed that it was a good idea. More recently, I believe another Rioter (RJcombo?) said that they were going to overhaul the options menu eventually.

If we raise enough noise about it, maybe we can get Riot's attention. Seems like it'd be a good Thunderdome project.

paradoxutopia

10-10-2012

To clarify, I currently use the default key bindings, but for certain champions I would prefer that some abilities be smart cast rather than the default point and click. The hassle of changing between default and smart cast can become burdensome if it must change for every champion, so I meant was: could Riot allow us to save key bindings so some abilities on some champions are smart cast while some remain default.

Dynamicity

10-10-2012

You have until minions spawn to fix your keybindings. I do it every game.

Eph289

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamicity View Post
You have until minions spawn to fix your keybindings. I do it every game.
Sometimes, you just don't have that kind of time.

What if your team's strat is a fast level 1 invade?
What if your team needs to set up across the map to watch for an invade?
What if your team needs to cluster around a weak early jungler like Amumu to defend him?

The only time that you're guaranteed that nothing will go wrong in the first minute of the game so you can set your keybinds in peace is a bot game or Dominion.

facetious

10-10-2012

I want to use smartcast on only some Champions. It's a pain to have to change my settings every time I change Champions.

Smarti3

02-18-2014

Yes plz! I'm learning Kat and I always shumpo with w because of lee sin!