Garen rework failure?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Is it just me or did the Garen rework achieve nothing? He still isn't even considered a little bit in competitive play, all he really achieved was the ability to jungle... and there still are a tonne of better junglers - Garen jungling is just a weak Shyvana... His late game is still mediocre. The way that his shield increases a percentage of your resists now penalizes you for building damage, and doesn't synergise with a typical atmogs or fratmogs build. The fact that your silence now removes slows instead of your spin means you are a less effective initiator, you need to save your q till after you've been slowed, or just take the slow straight up, both of which reduce your speed. Also, they increased the cooldown on his ultimate? What the hell? Darius has a true damage finisher with an instant reset!

All Garen is now is a very low skill champion, which is too strong against low level players, and far too weak for ranked play and competitive play.

Contesso

10-10-2012

New Garen is a Gangsta

Zamiel The Grey

10-10-2012

Dont play garen, there are just better choices. Go with it bro.

SpyderJ

10-11-2012

Until any buffs come hes just gonna be a bully in lane vs some people, and a useless mess late game. Just deal with it man, riot already looked at him, theyre not coming back to em for a long time ide assume.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Maining Eve for over a year now, I understand you're frustrastion with the rework. He's still relatively new and no one has shown how useful he can be.

Though I agree that Darius seems like a more compotent top lane. Lets break it down.

Q - Slow Debuff+ Speed incrase, 140% AD Silence Vs AOE Damage - Garen.
W - Armor/MR + Tenacity Vs Damage and a Slow - Debatable
E - Spinny attack thing Vs Pull AND ARMOR REDUC(Still a wtf Riot on this.) - Darius
R - No one questions which ult is better. - Darius
Passuve - Health Regen vs annoying as hell ticking damage - Darius.
"
Garen at most can win 2 of the 5, with smaller ratios than Darius. Garen HAS to build Damage to do damage, Darius can just build tanky and still kick everyone's ass.

I feel like Garen is more rewarding to play, and can straight up wreck people who do not understand him. That said, he is outclassed in every way by Darius which makes him unused in extreme competitive play.

mnun

10-11-2012

So, by your logic, anything not played in tournies is bad and not viable....
Gtfo kid

Fellentier

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contesso View Post
New Garen is a Gangsta
^

I really like the new garen. He's tough as nails and annoying as hell to fight.

Quote:
I really dont know if hes a bad champ or if the top players jsut dont like the way he looks. THats actually my issue with him...I dont liek garen jsut cause he looks stupid and his whirlwind attack is just friggen goofy looking.
I lol'd.

Fiveofswords

10-11-2012

I really dont know if hes a bad champ or if the top players jsut dont like the way he looks. THats actually my issue with him...I dont liek garen jsut cause he looks stupid and his whirlwind attack is just friggen goofy looking.

Angusthedead

10-11-2012

I honestly think he's Too strong, most of the time hes already powerful in mid/ end game because he just destroys top lane and fed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I haven't met anyone in a game who vs garen top lane that said he needs a buff. he is a gangsta now, a really steroid overdosed gangsta that needs medical attention from dr.Riot. And like what Reimie said, Hes just like Darius now, but worse. i dont see anyone else who can face him top lane other than Darius and Tryndamere. His judgement is completly thrown in there and gives him a range. his spin cannot be pulled, pushed, or ****ed with. WTF?!?!!? i can pull katarina with blitz and Scarner while she spins, but not garen? and thats not his ult... That was too big of a buff last august in my opinion, hes needs to be dubbed down again.

Flagrock

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Maining Eve for over a year now, I understand you're frustrastion with the rework. He's still relatively new and no one has shown how useful he can be.

Though I agree that Darius seems like a more compotent top lane. Lets break it down.

Q - Slow Debuff+ Speed incrase, 140% AD Silence Vs AOE Damage - Garen.
W - Armor/MR + Tenacity Vs Damage and a Slow - Debatable
E - Spinny attack thing Vs Pull AND ARMOR REDUC(Still a wtf Riot on this.) - Darius
R - No one questions which ult is better. - Darius
Passuve - Health Regen vs annoying as hell ticking damage - Darius.
"
Garen at most can win 2 of the 5, with smaller ratios than Darius. Garen HAS to build Damage to do damage, Darius can just build tanky and still kick everyone's ass.

I feel like Garen is more rewarding to play, and can straight up wreck people who do not understand him. That said, he is outclassed in every way by Darius which makes him unused in extreme competitive play.
Let's look at the BIG picture. You are saying base things out of context. I can say this about Diana vs Akali too but does that make Akali a lot worse than Diana? No....

Darius: He has good dmg IF you can correctly hit q with the blade. BUT HE HAS NO SUSTAIN. To poke he MUST push, so ANY jungler with half a brain will walk over and mess his face up. Any poke or armor shuts him down hard. Late game: His ult does 340 FLAT true dmg. OH NO 340 DMG :O That is the BASE dmg. Now, we look into the ult: The ult is increased by 20% per stack of bleed, or 100% (680 True Dmg) at FULL stacks base. If you have ANY clue how the bleed on him works you know that 5 stacks doesn't happen instantly. His E does not give a stack. His Q and W give stacks ONLY. So you MUST hit the target 3 times with his auto attack WITH his 2 spells. With his low attack speed that takes AT LEAST 3 seconds (without AS items) to get. So, that's 3 seconds to do 680 True Dmg. Now every bonus attack dmg his ult get .75 scaling BASE. So that is +1.5 WITH FULL BLOOD STACKS So, yes his scaling is good on the ult, but if you look at most other bruisers they scale similarly on their main ability. So, yeah he LOOKS like he does a lot of dmg but TBH he just steal kills by executing. AD Carries do more dmg with a crit than his ult does at max lvl. So, let's know the champ before we start telling lies.

Garen: He's got a dominate laning phase, one of the BEST ratios on his abilities, and he's got crazy good sustain and durability. So, what's the problem here? He gets kited easily, but that's the same as Tryndamere, but his laning phase he can easily destroy a Darius by playing intelligently. He's got better scaling and defense, a good sustain, and an insane ult. I have hit TANKS with Garen's ult for 1500 and that's with +200 MR. I have only got Darius ult to hit for about 1100 and that's with 2 full stacked bloodthirsters and total dmg. So, if you ever play against a good Garen you'd complain when he destroys your tanks. He's a tank buster and fills a very specific role. He is a niche champ and not great with all team comps. If they have few to no slows Garen will dominate, otherwise you can't pick him