Hypothethical discussio of something akin to the current situation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Imagine that instead of we getting BFt , Brutalizer and Triforce were removed from Dominion, no item was added as a replacement.

what happens?, what would bruisers do?, how would they play?, how would YOU play them?, what would be the major drawbacks?, what would be the strong points? would aps be on an even foot against them?

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I play a lot of Jax, Sooooo....'
I'd build Lucidity/Mercs/Ninja, Hextech,Frozen Mallet, Odyns, Frozen Heart, etc

I feel like minus Tri/Brut There is still a lot of survivability itemization for bruisers, wheras with mages, they have Hourglass, RoA and, Crystal Sceptre. None of which offer sustained survivability, which is what mages need, and not a one item ****onne of damage to balance the scales.

I'd also add that in cases where the game goes to hell early, I have bypassed Tri on Jax and Irelia for more tanky items and won. I said in another thread, I feel like casters need more Armor+AP+CDR items on these maps to offer them sustained damage and survival. As things stand, the standard map has been comfortably stagnant in terms of Ap itemization with Deathcap, Hourglass, Sceptre, RoA and Sorc shoes.

Infirc

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
I play a lot of Jax, Sooooo....'
I'd build Lucidity/Mercs/Ninja, Hextech,Frozen Mallet, Odyns, Frozen Heart, etc

I feel like minus Tri/Brut There is still a lot of survivability itemization for bruisers, wheras with mages, they have Hourglass, RoA and, Crystal Sceptre. None of which offer sustained survivability, which is what mages need, and not a one item ****onne of damage to balance the scales.

I'd also add that in cases where the game goes to hell early, I have bypassed Tri on Jax and Irelia for more tanky items and won. I said in another thread, I feel like casters need more Armor+AP+CDR items on these maps to offer them sustained damage and survival. As things stand, the standard map has been comfortably stagnant in terms of Ap itemization with Deathcap, Hourglass, Sceptre, RoA and Sorc shoes.

Good and valid points :3, anyone else want to contribute to the discussion?, participate guys, so that we can gather a lot of info and feedback to give to riot.

Phourc

11-14-2012

Yeah, I feel like I would build all my non-triforce items on bruisers, I wouldn't be as slot efficient but I don't think there'd be a massive power hit. Though I suppose I'd lose out on a bit of burst with the sheen gone ):

Ahlen

11-14-2012

How is this akin to the current situation at all.

Consider this instead - what will you think when BORK gets added to Dom? I believe that it's currently not showing properly, but it's supposed to be Physical % damage, not magic.

Or the new Black Cleaver. When Garen spins into your team and shreds your armor so that someone else can follow up and just destroy your entire team.

urmamasllama

11-14-2012

that...I....but....

hmmm... i see no downside to this....

:-/

HaIfhearted

11-14-2012

If Blackfire Torch gets removed, I go straight back to building Sweeper > Rylais > Void on Brand, and never look back.

I bought Guise on Rumble/Kat before we got Torch, so nothing changes there either.

Mages would still be perfectly viable.

Sauron

11-14-2012

Frozen Heart and Last Whisper is the true bruiser build.

DiscworldDeath

11-14-2012

Glacial Shroud would replace Brutalizer in the build, it's really strong early anyway.
I'd get frozen mallet/sanguine blade instead of triforce. I often get sanguine blade anyway, so it'd just get purchased a bit earlier.

Would it make some champions weaker? We all know that it would, especially if you remove both brutalizer AND TF, which often go on the same champions.