Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Review my case...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vladdy676

10-15-2012

pardon x10. you didnt deserve a ban period.

Jayrune

10-16-2012

This case illustrates how toxic the ranked environment is, bad play is considered trolling, and get reported as such.

To make matters worse, there are enough tribunal voters who consider teammate anger to be evidence and vote punish for it.

Gunflame, i doubt RIOT will do anything about this at this point, some of them even seem biased against poor players based on their posts. You may want to consider alternating between ranked and bots/normals since those environments aren't so outright hostile, assuming you still want to run ranked games. Otherwise you'll probably be reported every bad game you have in ranked and run the risk of getting the same sort of tribunal voters. Unless you manage to play well in every game, then your in the clear.

GunflameSmurf

10-16-2012

Quote:
Endlessdeath159:
I usually side with riot assuming they banned him for something he said pre or post game chat or did (assuming maybe they even have a replay system) but the fact is they haven't stated specifically why he is being banned, last time he was banned they were very ambiguous, saying he "turned to different methods to troll" but still said NOTHING about what those methods were, furthermore "rather then working with them as a team" to be able to do that requires coordination, coordination requires communication, how are you supposed to coordinate with player who are verbally abusing you? how are you supposed to communicate with players who you've muted?!

The whole suspension doesn't seem to have any particular released reason connected with it, nor did the last one! This is why I'm worried about this and the last case, they most likely see it, but haven't released any reasons as to why he was banned other then unusable ambiguous reasons. The only reason I could see riot doing this is if they're either A) holding some information from us, particularly that they can watch replays of the game and they don't want players to know about this so they can easily catch players who are intentionally greifing their team, or B) [and this is what scares me the most] they're banning players because of the large volume of reports he has, and because the majority of tribunal users voted to punish, I have been afraid of this scenario for some time now, I still don't have any solid evidence against it, and these kinds of cases only make it more plausible.

More on this... Possible reasons for suspension:
- I'm very polite pregame chat and I talk early about what I want to play. Usually my team accomodates if I'm 4th-5th pick so I don't have to play the roles I don't like to play (ADC/support). Again you will fine NOTHING BAD in my pregame chat. If anything if you look at my pregame chat you will want to take a picture and post it as "exemplar behavior".

- I NEVER queue dodge. In the past 2 months, I might have dodge 1 or maybe 2 games. I probably dodge less than 5% of my games (i say 1%-3% at most), and only for REAL LIFE REASONS. I'm always understanding about my allies choices and encourage them to pick different stuff

- I NEVER "force dodge"... I always specially with unorthodox picks I try to talk to my allies early game. Occasionally when I pick AP yi mid or maybe yorick mid (w/ at least one ally saying OK and picking jungle/top AP), someone dodges. But I'm pretty sure the rate of dodges in my games are within the standards. On top of that I'm very communicative and I talk about my choices, trying to get at least one "its cool", "sounds good" before my pick. Occasionally I get "Why sejuani?" but in general I don't have nearly as many issues as before.

- I do NOT abuse reports... most of the time I mute the guy... then 5-10 mins later I unmute him. If I see he calmed down and is not being toxic I will say something "hey I unmuted XXX since he calmed down, lets keep it that way". If he spouts raging non-sense I of course mute him again. Either way at the end of the game If they are still muted I report them, but usually I just forget. I usally only report the biggest offenders... I don't think I reported the Nautilus in the tristana game but I did report Tristana. I think Xin didn't go afk in the first game after I warned him, so I don't think I reported him (can't recall for sure).

GunflameSmurf

10-16-2012

Quote:
Jayrune:
This case illustrates how toxic the ranked environment is, bad play is considered trolling, and get reported as such.

To make matters worse, there are enough tribunal voters who consider teammate anger to be evidence and vote punish for it.

Gunflame, i doubt RIOT will do anything about this at this point, some of them even seem biased against poor players based on their posts. You may want to consider alternating between ranked and bots/normals since those environments aren't so outright hostile, assuming you still want to run ranked games. Otherwise you'll probably be reported every bad game you have in ranked and run the risk of getting the same sort of tribunal voters. Unless you manage to play well in every game, then your in the clear.

I'll try to do more normal games to water down those reports. It is just sad how this proves that you can get banned for "being bad". I mean I understand why in my previous tribunal cases I could've been seen as hostile and I needed to adjust my behavior even if I wasn't breaking the rules... but in this case? seriously... riot should just tell me "we don't want you playing this game anymore, here's the money you spent on it".

I understand getting banned or suspended for not following the rules, but for this? seriously?

Kinvaras666

10-16-2012

After a whole week, this is the answer I received:

Frankly, I expected more.

Yeeehawww

10-16-2012

You give off a very negative attitude pretty much throughout the games. Also, and unlike what some of the comments have said, you blatantly demanded cs from your adc and became abusive towards him when he didn't want to lane with you. You blamed others consistently and also used ignore and reports as threats. Justified.

EndlessDeath

10-16-2012

Quote:
Yeeehawww:
You give off a very negative attitude pretty much throughout the games.

I completely disagree with this opinion, please quote some negative things he has said.
Quote:
Yeeehawww:
Also, and unlike what some of the comments have said, you blatantly demanded cs from your adc.

there is nothing wrong with playing non meta strategies, nowhere in the summoners code does it state "THE SUPPORT SHALL NOT TAKE CS!"
Quote:
Yeeehawww:
and became abusive towards him when he didn't want to lane with you.

following someone around and protecting them may lead to meta game problems, but he has the right to play whatever strategy he desires, regardless of if it is a viable strategy. I assume that's what you're referring to when you say "abusive" if not, please quote me some abusive lines, nothing in the chat log seems abusive at all.
Quote:
Yeeehawww:
You blamed others consistently

It almost sounds like you're making things up at this point... Please quote any of his chat where he does this.
Quote:
Yeeehawww:
and also used ignore and reports as threats.

I would not qualify any of what he said as a threat, if we stretch the meaning of the word enough you could be considered threating his reputation with your post. He was warning them that if they don't stop verbally abusing him he will ignore them which would hurt their chances of winning by reducing team communication.

If you feel I am wrong or disagree with anything I've said please respond but this time also please quote chat from his case files to back up your statements with evidence.

why Å¡o serious

Recruiter

10-16-2012

I bet people not even read you case, they just instant press punish

YoungBlade

10-16-2012

How did this get punished?

The only way I could see this being punished is if the people going through your case were mostly the kind that punish based on how well the player does (yes, this kind of Tribunal-goer does exist).

Sorry dude, I would have Pardoned...

Paravani

10-18-2012

looking...

game 1, you were polite. accused of intentionally feeding, but looking at your built it's fine and your score is not THAT terrible, just the kind of score that one gets when one loses. reported by 3 people over that? really? *******s. pardon.

game 2, there was simply a misunderstanding about whether the bot support is entitled to a small share of the cs. it's a little bit of a judgment call, but as i see it tristana made the decision to leave the lane and force you into a compromised position as revenge for not getting all of the cs to herself. i definitely dont see you as at fault for anything, so this is a pardon. three reports by your teammates here is disturbing as hell too.

game 3, you get accused of intentionally feeding, which is tough to judge by the information available. but judging by the length of the game, your build, your cs... it just doesn't look that way. if all you did is run straight into the enemy team there's be more chat about it and less cs for you. you had a terrible score, but it happens. pardoned due to lack of evidence.

game 4, noticing you have a huge habit of telling people you're ignoring them. i don't consider this anything even remotely near a bannable offense, but my advice is to not do that so often. anyhow again you had a decent score, not troll building, tied for best cs on the team... oh and as an added bonus, you were cussed out an absurd amount. serious pardon.

overall, not a single game in that case which contributes toward a "guilty" verdict. wow.