Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1700 ELO ranked game ruined by DDOS-er

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheadoo

10-09-2012

Hey, I was the blitz in this game. I was not having any router connectivity issues. I played a game directly before the one in question and it worked perfectly fine. The connectivity issues started right as i entered the game.
I have never dc'd like this before as well. I was in game and it repetedly stated "attempting to reconnect" I could press to move, and it would show me going there. and the 30 seconds later i would be in base again. Apparently is said i was reconnecting repeatedly in game, as i was duo que and my friend told me about it. I was able to get in after completely rebooting both my computer and my router, but then the same thing happend again as soon as i started the game.

I got on skype and the internet before logging back onto league just to make sure it was stable, and both were working fine.

Midnite

10-09-2012

Damn, this is actually pretty frightening. o_o

Bump. Hopefully something can/will be done about this.

EndlessVengeance

10-09-2012

Here's an uncensored screenshot of the postgame chat log. The conversation here immediately precedes what Masterfiends posted in his first screenshot.

To me, this is clear evidence of hacking. My friend (Blitz) is mysteriously disconnected for precisely the exact length of the game, reconnects immediately when the game is done, and then postgame, the enemy team confirms it in the postgame chat.

I only have to correct one thing, though: Blitz (who I was duo queueing with) was not in a Skype call with Soraka before the game started. He had never seen that Soraka before in his life. So I don't know how they got Blitz's IP in order to DDOS him, but somehow they did.

Masterfiends

10-09-2012

Quote:
EndlessVengeance:
Here's an uncensored screenshot of the postgame chat log. The conversation here immediately precedes what Masterfiends posted in his first screenshot.

To me, this is clear evidence of hacking. My friend (Blitz) is mysteriously disconnected for precisely the exact length of the game, reconnects immediately when the game is done, and then postgame, the enemy team confirms it in the postgame chat.

I only have to correct one thing, though: Blitz (who I was duo queueing with) was not in a Skype call with Soraka before the game started. He had never seen that Soraka before in his life. So I don't know how they got Blitz's IP in order to DDOS him, but somehow they did.

oh really? that's the only way i thought that they could have possibly gotten his IP.

now i'm scared.

KittyPi

10-09-2012

Not sure if this is relevant but a couple of days ago, I had the most horrendous lag as well. Not entirely sure if it was a DDOS but it only happened every second or third game and it wasn't ping related. I would see people waddling around and I'd be teleporting around every 5 seconds trying my best to survive lane. Either way I hope this issue gets resolved.

a morny hidget

10-09-2012

Something similiar happened to me a few a days ago but it was a bit different to this scenario. The only difference is that there was no skype call involved and FOUR of us got disconnected while only our hecarim remained connected. The suspicious part is that their whole team was still connected. What's more suspicious is that we all got disconnected at the same time. We managed to get back a while later while they were pushing our nexus and basically had it destroyed.

Maybe it was just a problem with the servers but I still wanted to say this just in case it could help.

By the way, I used to play SC2 and there was something called a "drop hack" where a player could disconnect you without needing your IP; could this maybe have happened with this game?

Midnite

10-09-2012

Bump. Hacking is a pretty serious issue, and it's pretty unsettling to have a potential hacker / DDoSer running around.

Masterfiends

10-09-2012

bump

perry mason1

10-09-2012

You think some random 1700 player has the capability of DDoS'ing a game? Do even know what DDoS is?

Masterfiends

10-09-2012

Quote:
perry mason1:
You think some random 1700 player has the capability of DDoS'ing a game? Do even know what DDoS is?

maybe if you read the post you would know he didn't ddos the entire game