Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelgore

10-11-2012

well, i do like some of the new updates, though Lux's new base splash for some reason just dosnt jive with me, not that its bad, just seems to make her too manic looking...not that i use her base skin (hello imperial lux, i dont care whhat people say, M. Bison skin for the win)

Swanhaven

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Much of what we do for the game is inspired by the feedback that we get from you guys.
Yeah, I have some feedback.

Stop producing female character splashes where the women have Liefeldian proportions. It looks goddamn grotesque. Morgana looks like a corpse of a person who died of starvation with huge fake **** bolted on. Lux looks like someone who had most of her lower ribcage removed who was then trapped into a corset and hit by a bus. Miss Fortune looks like she is a blow-up doll manufactured by someone who thinks Slenderman is the ideal of female beauty.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

CarbonWyre

10-11-2012

Why is everyone complaining about Lux's splash? I would think 1-2 posts about it would be enough. I think some other things need to be seriously looked at. L

ike updating the Singed ingame model. Or even just Udyr's splash/ingame. For Udyr they are both very pointy, sharp edged at weird area's like the sides of his arms and the ingame stance animations are very crude in general. I love him a lot but with all the wonderful changes put in recently, Singed and Udyr stand out A LOT.

Kelgore

10-11-2012

well excuse me for talking about my favorite champ, the lady of luminoscity will always have my summoning powers by her side. Anyway, if you want me to talk about something else, then yeah, the older champ models need some good remodeling, liek everyone says, nidalee and taric, triangle feet apparently are not the rage anymore or outrageous.

Besteau

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Will do.
I'd love to be in the art team for riot. What actions did you take to get there? I'm currently an art education major but i can switch to fine arts major. Do you have to learn some programming too? How many portfolio pieces did you bring in? Can we see your portfolio please?

-Besteau

Besteau

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yeah. We in the art department are a bit baffled as to how Narya stays so positive and productive. We're sort of waiting to find out what the catch is. I half expect to go into some random conference room only to find him decanting a clone of himself to make it to all his many meetings or siphoning the blood from kittens in order to transmute it into pure charisma.
He received a perfect 20 in charisma.

omegademan

10-11-2012

This thread is now about dogs!

Attachment 539446

SlugDC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Just wanted to pop in here to say, "Trundle". I know he isn't insanely popular and I know that he's not "relatable" or whatever...but he does have some fans. He needs help from the art department; his in-game model feels really old and frankly the alternate skins available for him today all suck. I think if someone sat down and did up some cool concepts they could come up with something special. Search the boards for 'Trundle, King of Clubs' or 'Judge Trundle' for example.

So is there any love for the troll on the art team at all? Or is he bottom-of-the-pile because he's not a money maker?

Deesastre

10-11-2012

1) I probably have as much talent as one rioters left pinky. With that being said, you guys are my idols, and with only being a freshman in college, I think I might change my major to Video Game Design of some sort. (And maybe one day get to work for Riot Games ^.^)

2) Riven is my main. But lately, I have been watching her Q, and the third time she jumps seems kind of...like her body distorts and she just doesn't look right in the air. Also, in her original skin, her body looks a little disproportional .. maybe a tiny touch-up wouldn't hurt? :3 The rest of her skins look great, just the original needs a slight touch up.

3) I forgot to quote the message, but OH MY HOLY NEXUS I WOULD LOVE A SUCCUBUS BASED CHAMPION! A reason for big-boobies, she could be demon-monster like, have that charm thing going on in her spells for Crowd Control...She wouldn't need a sword because she'd have freakishly long indestructible nails. Maybe could be combination AD/AP Solo Top Lane do-able?

Just an idea :3

(Normal looking female Champion. Black hair, white skin, the only thing indifferent is her abnormally long nails, and bare feet.)

(Passive: *Champions Name* claws grow, and swipe at targeted opponents. Every time an enemy Champion is hit, drawing blood, her mana restoration goes up.1%.

Soul Stealing: *Champions Name* targets one enemy opponent, sucking their health points, and giving her a small (health or mana) boost. (Requires mana)

Seduction: *Champions Name* Seduces closest enemy opponent/Champion, stunning them momentarily causing them to become confused and harm themselves. (Requires mana)

Night Rush: *Champions Name* dashes in the cursors direction, while extending both arms and slashing enemy opponents within reach, causing damage. (Does not require mana)

Vicissitude: *Champions Name* returns to her natural succubus state. She reveals black wings, red scaly skin, hooves for feet, and horns. Because of her wings, her speed is increased. Because of her scales, her armor is slightly increased. Because of her horns, her AD is increased. (requires mana)
Onslaught: *Champions Name* charges at one targeted opponent, puncturing them with her horns and stunning them.

DmG Apollo

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
please do better anatomy
Please do better English.