Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NickWRX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

@RiotNarya, Thanks for responding to my post, Ive been wondering that question for awhile now But anyways, Remember how Ashe had her remodel, and her new splash art was the one you see to the right of the page? There are other champs in that picture like Warwick, and Cho'gath who desperately need a new art. How about use them? They're fitting and badass!!

NickWRX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Ryzes in that picture looks better than his new one too, but that's just my opinion

Artimiris

10-10-2012

Some of the old champions like others have mentioned haven't seen artworks and what was going to be done with them?

Thanks for all the work you guys have done so far it's been awesome.

Sarah Lee

10-10-2012

Hi there,

I just wanted to bring up an important issue related to champion design. As I'm sure you're aware, some members of the community have for some time been asking about racial diversity in LoL, and whether or not we can expect to see any darker skinned champions in the future. Now, I know that this is a controversial issue and threads about this often get downvoted, which means that facilitating discussion about it isn't always easy.

However, recently bot gypsylord and IronStylus have said that they would like to have more racial diversity across the champion roster. Gypsylord was careful to specify though that he didnt' want to just make a "token black guy" and that the champion concept had to be something that worked.

I was just wondering if you would be able to share with me any of your thoughts on the subject, what some potential design challenges around this might be, and how Riot is looking to approach the issue. It's something that I've been concerned with for some time and I'd love to hear more about Riot's current thoughts on the topic.

If anyone is interested, here's a thread I started where you can see some quotes from IronStylus and gypsylord. Unfortunately the thread didn't get much attention as I got a fair amount of downvotes, so noone really saw it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2658234

TeeNaku

10-10-2012

Any chance we will get a rammus remake any time soon?

I would love to see the king rammus skin be a skin worth using for reasons other than flexing e-peen

NickWRX

10-10-2012

bump

MisterTibber

10-10-2012

Bump to get this back on the top of GD ^_^

Sarah Lee

10-10-2012

Can we bring this thread back to life... Please?

Xerack

10-10-2012

Any word on Battlecast Skarner? I'm really looking forward to it.

Bleargh

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNPGriff View Post
And can the champion icons at least be more clear with the new art?
Yes, the readability of the icons is an issue now.

Lux is just a female face. It's so zoomed in it could be almost anyone - it has no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever.

Whether or not icon arts looks better or worse than it did before is important, but so it the readability, regardless of which one looks better out-of-context.