Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's Talk League Art

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wurmtoken

10-10-2012

I believe splash art should never show things that aren't represented on the actual skin. This creates a disconnect between seeing the artwork and then seeing the champ in-game.

Ex1: the Chinese Fiddlesticks art has him wearing a key and others cords and odds 'n ends. Non of that stuff is on the actual character.
Ex2: Renekton's Chinese artwork has a very different feel from the in-game model. Compare the faces to see what I mean.

Basically I don't like when the art doesn't look like the champion.

RichardHead

10-10-2012

any chance you could change cheerleader ashe's (freljord) splash? redraw, revert... anything but cheerleader.

its one of the more hated splash art updates with a lot of GD threads pretty overwhelmingly in support of reverting to the chinese splash. it really feels out of character compared to every other splash of ashe.

Hipsteresque

10-10-2012

Quote:
Karolina:
It would be beyond amazing if you guys would make new summoner icons in such an amazing quality as the recent champion splash screens (*^▽^*)

In this case, why not just make the splash screens available to use as summoner icons? Kind of like how you lovely Riot employees get to have your forum icons. PLS.

I'D DIE. JUST DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN.

Exodus Hero

10-10-2012

So my question is, are there any plans to have the in game portraits/icons reflect the current skin of the champion?

DoctorMcPain

10-10-2012

Quote:
RiotNarya:
The creative design team creates quite a backstory for the champs

Valenten

10-10-2012

Ok as someone whos been here FOREVER (2+ years) i would really like to see Sivir and Veigar get new models and better splashes. Please tell me they are close to the top of the list. also more summoner icons please oo and maybe update the current ones?

Luckmaker

10-10-2012

When is Anivia going to get updated? Her splash art and model are so old and outdated!

DemoGuide

10-10-2012

Hello. My question is about kind smiles, like on old galio art and old frostfire annie art. Why did you deleted it? I always enjoed playing these champions, but after art rework it is not fun for me. English is not my native language, so i dont really know what they are talking about, but their voices are so kind... Still cant believe that galio looks so agressive... Now when galio got agresive gatekeeper skin, can we get his smile back?

Akkku

10-10-2012

Whats with the plenty upshot point of views? I know it random but I see a lot lol. Is it because you want to make the champion look heroic?

I would like more diversity in point of views in the art. I know it is to show off the skins, but I think you can think something up.

Askhexplosive

10-10-2012

I really love the design of Fizz and his race. Any plans on expanding that concept further? Or is he a one-off? How does the art team feel about drawing cute + cool characters like Fizz? Is it fun to break away from standard anatomical conventions? As an artist myself, I know I love coming up with fantasy creatures and figuring out their anatomy.