Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turdpopsicle

10-09-2012

More boobs

l Jessica l

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdpopsicle View Post
More boobs
agreed

Sarg338

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This has now been rectified. Your good sportsmanship is unequaled =)
God damn it IronStylus, you nerfed his icon!? Is nothing safe!?

Next you're gonna tell me you thought the freezing point in Fahrenheit was too high and you nerfed it by 32 degrees, thus Celsius was born.

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

10-09-2012

this thread is now about funny butterfly icons and red jokes and has nothing to do about art what so ever...

thats what i get from the reds, who aren't really answering anything relevant

OH NO ITS LU BU

10-09-2012

Let's say, hypothetically, I made a bunch of videos about food and league of legends and cooking and pairing league champ themes with foods. Thematically, who do you think would make for a really interesting meal. No picking Morgana or Pantheon because I don't bake.

Gunnar

10-09-2012

sivir.. shes just so ... awkward
riot pls

Captain Key Lime

10-09-2012

Who is the ghost guy in battle bunny riven's splash? ;-; I've been waiting so long you have no idea. Why you guys gotta tease me like this?

Buru Diman

10-09-2012

Dear art gods beyond me, as a graphic designer that got recently out of school and admires the work of your team. I gotta ask...

When you remake the Poppy splash art. Will you keep her classic looks or will you incline more to the looks of Battle Regalia Poppy? Poppy is an example of a champion that doesn't get played just because how she looks in her splash art.
I know that you are aware that a small population will probably be against making her look different. But for the most part, we would look a cuter but still tomboy yordle face.

Surgo

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yeah, I'll address that one for sure. My fault. When I first got to Riot I picked a few champions to have the team play with. It wasn't really based on the priority of most needed. Morgana, Miss Fortune and Tryndamere were among the first we did.
Why did you make the anatomical, um, choices, that you did for these? If you look at a lot of the "controversy" in Riot's recent art direction, you'll find it right there.

If you take a look at the Big Large Thread on Gender (link), one of the things discussed therein is the anatomical oddities and poses for female characters. Can you elaborate what's going on here, why choices were made the way they were -- and if there are any plans for changes?

If I can get deep into Opinion Land here, the quality of the new art is high but the way the female characters are being treated is poor. If you wish for specific elaboration as to new problems that have been introduced in the new splashes, I can do so.

And it was K

10-09-2012

Do you think you could give Victorious Janna's 'nado a particle change? Even if it's only slight.