Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I like that you guys are updating the art but it needs to be said- a lot (most) of the new splashes for female champs have been pretty awful. They have HUGE anatomy problems that should never have left the sketch phase. It just seems like such a waste, the beautiful paint jobs with the underlying problems...

The main problem seems to be that you guys try to show off the chest and bum. This is physically impossible. I think you should literally try bringing in a model and have her make some of these poses. Seriously, show the artists that they can't do that. Women have spines, and their necks don't bend certain ways either. They have ribcages filling their bodies. You can have that extremely skinny pinched belly animu style but you NEED to have the rib cage's outline- not every rib, but the break from breasts to ribs to belly.

http://i.imgur.com/UbIlz.jpg?1 See?

Calderweiss

10-09-2012

When you guys unleash karmageddon after the finals, make sure you change her art. Karma's torso and ahem chest are a little off. Also, please change the art for Evelynn and Shadow Evelynn. Her Shadow skin's splash art makes me cringe compared to the art nowadays. the Nidalee Art needs an update I would say, as well as SIVIR'S art. The galio art for his skins is mediocre except on his legendary. The classic cho gath art could use an update. DOn't get me wrong. I love the new work that has been done. It is so thorough and has so much life. Bu tplease bring some of our older champions up to par.

Beertaster

10-09-2012

When I look for skins to purchase Themed skins always catch my eye and feel far more memorable to me. Arcade Sona, little knight amumu, surfer signed, corporate mundo, brolaf, and so forth. In fact playing with these skins makes the game feel more fun, to see your favorite champ fighting with funny abilities like ddr stun ult.

(b.t.w. [me being a mundo fan but] I wish corporate mundo had a money meter instead of a health bar, and threw telemarketing cell phones like what they had in the 80s [Mundo enjoys making sales calls and get a commission of half the money cost for successful throws]. Mundo's 'w' could be a car that is fueled by his 'money meter' and dollar bills circle him instead of fire. His 'e' can be called 'synergy' Mundo makes his money go the extra distance by increasing his abilities based his money meter. Finally 'r' could be Corporate Takeover, where mundo sacrifices part of his money meter to buy a Zaunian company and then run into the ground as he drains it of its money.

yeah I'm dreaming I know, but I like this dream.

CakeandBacon

10-09-2012

I actually have a rather specific question:

Can Kat get a tweak to her current splash art? I like it just fine, but the chronic inconsistency with the tattoo on her abdomen has been bugging me since the season 1 CG trailer.

New art would be welcome too, but I like the one we have a bunch.

Sindair

10-09-2012

Sion Art Rework Please. Really.... It hurt my eye in a bad way. Hurt my eye with that Zombie Warrior in a good way PLEASE.ty

Daemon

10-09-2012

1. Out of all the art, the new (Chinese) Ezreal art is really out of place. The rest of the art has some sort of realism and then Ezreal (minus PFE and Frosted) is very, anime-ish. Will this ever be fixed?

2. About the giant gender representation thread: (http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtrac...er-please-read), I've always wondered: Why is it that IronStylus is the only one who ever really discusses this issue? I know that this subject is something he is dedicated about, but it really makes it seem like the rest of the art/design team doesn't really care and doesn't want to change. There were a few posts from other reds, but nothing like IronStylus said in the thread.

Calderweiss

10-09-2012

When you re do tristana's art, have her mid rocket jump firing her explosive shot.

Mirana Arashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

@RiotNarya

Hello and Thank you for doing this thread , you may not read this or reply , but with the Soraka Remodel I saw her original and Dryad skin got some very nice splashes but the Divine skin didn't(which is the skin I own for Soraka)
Do you know If It's going to get a new Splash? I made a thread and all about It (you can check It here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post29640016) , and I was really hoping for a new splash for It ,I think the skin deserves It If the Art Team does It , I'll love you forever <3

Verandriel

10-09-2012

I would very much like a Master Yi rework (both mechanically and artistically), but I would like to request that you keep some aspects of Yi that Master Yi fans have come to love, namely his swordboots and his seven eyes.

Though I don't think anyone would complain if you gave him more eyes; they'd help him see more.

Calderweiss