Let's Talk League Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boyahda

10-09-2012

I was just wondering, since you're the art director, if you had a website or something featuring your work. I'd like to see some of it.

Flan chan

10-09-2012

speaking of lux i feel like a skin is in order...maybe for chrisymas? or just a regular one

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Wait did you restart this thread??? Well good to see your name is actually red now.

Anyway Nidalee's art should have some of the Chinese splash arts put inplace of the old ragged art until or unless you guys have new artwork for her down the line. It would be really nice if she got a full remodel.

Additionally, Sion, Sivir(minus the art), Nasus, and Master Yi could use some Nice art and model reworks

Penakoto

10-09-2012

Man, I always end up on the last page.

EDIT: Err, last post I mean.

bearwulf

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Yes! Us too. We recently went through a period where we felt the splashes were all action packed combat poses. This is great, but we also want to dig a little deeper into who these champs are and what they are about. The creative design team creates quite a backstory for the champs and we want to express more of that in the art. Take a look at some of the upcoming splashes and let us know what you think!
so if warwick have new lore he will have new art too?

Stephen Fry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

In what direction are you going with new champions/updated splash arts?

There seems to be 3 clashing themes among the art: comic book (classic NA), anime-esque (chinese), and the recently updated Miss Fortune/Morgana art (which almost looks like wet plastic models, very glossy and high detail).

Do you plan to mix all 3 of these elements among your 100+ champions, giving each of them at least one of the types either in their classic splash or a future skin? Or are they placeholders until you have created a more uniform style for all of the current and future champions?

Ad Victoriam

10-09-2012

I'd like to see some more themes and art for our Summoner Icons and Profiles. I want to be able to put whatever champ's image I want on my profile page.

Also, I think it would be cool to have a sort of mini-narrative of each champion's lore with their Spotlight video (or have a separate one for each) where a brief history of the champion is given, and illustrated by a still-image slideshow as the narrator speaks. It would really take champions to a whole other level if they had that depth. The old lore felt really cheesy with the whole "HOW DID IT FEEL WHEN YOU OPENED YOUR MIND LOL" stuff, but I think you could do some really tasteful ~45-60 second videos that give a good intro to champs with some images to go along with it.

Would any of this be possible in the future for the Art team to work on?

Genow

10-09-2012

Props to the one that made fizz's 3d model. It's so...faithful...!

Penakoto

10-09-2012

Do you guys keep a huge list of "Needs new art / models", or do you do things one or two at a time?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-09-2012
10 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
☆☆☆ RIOT GAMES - Rumor Mill ☆☆☆
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2452561

☆ Art Director RiotNarya apparently won her much desired position through a competition among the staff for making the best plans for team coordination. .
Ahem.. RiotNarya is very much a dude =)