High incidence of leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerlooTheBold

10-10-2012

Hey Riot and Community

I've been keeping track of my ranked games, and what goes on in them for the last while. I've been fairly frustrated by the high incidence of leavers and just plain idiots. I have had a teammate AFK or outright quit in 7 of my last 10 games.

This is frustrating. I've dropped 80 elo in the last two days because of this (nevermind things like a Yorick support who starts with a doran's blade, and without even counting obvious trolls)

Does anyone else have this problem? I already do my best to encourage teammates during games, I don't flame, try to help them out, etc. Is there anything else to be done to encourage people not to abandon a game that's not going their way?

To Riot--I can't even pretend to have any good ideas about how to fix this. But there's gotta be some way. Right? Right???

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerlooTheBold View Post
Hey Riot and Community

I've been keeping track of my ranked games, and what goes on in them for the last while. I've been fairly frustrated by the high incidence of leavers and just plain idiots. I have had a teammate AFK or outright quit in 7 of my last 10 games.

This is frustrating. I've dropped 80 elo in the last two days because of this (nevermind things like a Yorick support who starts with a doran's blade, and without even counting obvious trolls)

Does anyone else have this problem? I already do my best to encourage teammates during games, I don't flame, try to help them out, etc. Is there anything else to be done to encourage people not to abandon a game that's not going their way?

To Riot--I can't even pretend to have any good ideas about how to fix this. But there's gotta be some way. Right? Right???
I have not had this issue. What is your current elo bracket? I'm at 1300~ so I should be just outside of the unranked /firstfive games.

Wytemajyk

10-11-2012

I have experienced the same thing. Last night, 6/8 of my games had an afker on either team. I had an afker FOUR TIMES in a row, for a whopping 61 elo point drop, plus about 2 HOURS of my time absolutely wasted. Not only does it ruin the game, but it's unfair. And just clicking "report afker" honestly doesn't change the fact that A: my time was wasted, and B: I lost the game no matter what. One of the games I was 7/2/7 with katarina. But - I lost. Because the other team backdoored. It's near impossible to win a 4v5, and if theyre occurring this often -- it's a sign that the game/system is sick. Something does need to be done - you are not the only one

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

With the ELO reset being so close, it's gonna happen. People don't care anymore. ):

Fellentier

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
With the ELO reset being so close, it's gonna happen. People don't care anymore. ):
Extremely unfortunate, but it's true. I'm just glad I got 1545 before people went insane >.>