Why doesn't bot cap mid and 4 go top to start?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taylion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Scenario: Whom ever is bot, caps mid

Bonuses:
Bot has a little more cash to help fighting alone
4 go top together instead of 3 with one lagging behind

Orphane

10-09-2012

Because then the enemy bot walks across to your bot lane and caps it before your bot laner gets back down?

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Enemy Pooterss will cap bot for you #goodguypooty

NamKim

10-09-2012

I remember reading Sauron's guide.

It talked about a strategy where some people will wait to cap their mid so that the difference of Nexus HP will put the respawn timer in their favor. However, he warned to not do this for bot since it gives the enemy a chance to cap your bot, which puts your team at a big disadvantage in the beginning since you have to fight an uphill battle in the beginning. Kind of like when the enemy caps Windmill in the beginning, you are now the one who has to play smarter/more creative than the other team.

But for lower elo, I can definitely see this strategy working since I find that most people in my elo are "meta sheeps" and charge blindly to the windmill. Anyone who doesn't are seen as trolls. If you backcap the enemy mid, you are seen as a troll for not helping a suicidal charge to the windmill. If you gank bot, you are called an idiot for not knowing the "1 bot, 4 top" meta...

Tempestphile

10-10-2012

well, the bot fight heavily relies on winning the mid health pack. By doing that, it allows enemy to push deeper into your bot lane and loose that advantage