Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Concept Trash Bin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-15-2012

bump

...actually, why am I still bumping this? Xypherous is rewriting the damn game as we speak, a good portion of what I've said is based on the rules from Season 2.

xiaosha

11-15-2012

Quote:
Exdeadman:

The problem eternally with Mana Burn is that it will forever either be useless or too useful to pass up. With your example concept, a Warwick could jump a mage at 30% mana and drain them to nothing, changing a safe laning situation into "why am I in lane and OOM?"

I see this particular example as a bit of a niche case, albeit a really good one. There's nothing stopping a Warwick from doing the same thing with a Madred's Bloodrazor and outright killing you instead of mana burning you.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
xiaosha:
I see this particular example as a bit of a niche case, albeit a really good one. There's nothing stopping a Warwick from doing the same thing with a Madred's Bloodrazor and outright killing you instead of mana burning you.

The difference being that there is no "Mana resistance" stat; you can build physical and magic resistance for Warwick and MBR.