Gragas vs Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crooks17110

10-09-2012

I can't seem to beat Katarina with Gragas because even before she gets her ult, she still does good damage and afterwards it just becomes very hard to kill her. She also denies me my farm so that I fall off late game. Anybody have any tips to beat her? Thanks.

Fiveofswords

10-09-2012

you dont need to beat her...the laning phase you jsut want to farm...stop thinking you need to kill the other guy

Crooks17110

10-09-2012

It's hard for me to farm as well. I can't use my barrel because it uses too much of my mana.

Grimes

10-09-2012

So personally if I'm Gragas and I'm laning against a strong melee carry, I have 3 red-potions and boots along with Clarity. You have the barrel, so you should be able to control the space around the minions. The key isn't to use the barrel from long range; it's to use it from short-range. Last-hit your mobs and if she gets close, barrel and walk away or dash. She'll either get reluctant to last-hit and you'll take the space over, or she'll eat barrels over and over again. It's very hard to escape a barrel from close-range. Also, try not to waste mana on barrels until it's level 2.

ChiSqrd

10-09-2012

Stop going gragas against Katarina then. Once you use your barrel kat will just pull of her full combo on you. Not to mention the barrel is pretty easy to dodge with shunpo.

Crooks17110

10-09-2012

Bump

Crooks17110

10-09-2012

Bump

Crooks17110

10-09-2012

Bump

Xtrordinari

10-09-2012

You'll simply have a tough time vs Katarina as Gragas. As for not using your barrels because they cost mana, that's what your W is for. That's also what mana regen seals and 21-0-9 in masteries is for if you're really having troubles conserving mana.

As for Katarina denying your farm, stay passive. Don't let her get an early kill on you, let her push up if that's what she wants to do. Allows you safer access to farm under tower, and makes her a lot less safe if your jungler decides to visit mid. Clear out your wraiths at every opportunity and wolves as well if you happen to have the free time and nothing else to do. If you have spare time to visit another lane to secure a kill/assist, do that. There are a lot of different ways to deal with a hard lane, you just have to get used to thinking about them.

MadManDu

10-09-2012

Uh...I would rush Athene's and then RoA and farm with q from a distance...