Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[NEW CHAMPION] Bael, Shadow of the Forgotten

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

Senior Member

10-18-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisk

Senior Member

10-18-2012

I really, really like this idea for a champ and honestly think that riot could use this! A few things though: first as has been said, his lore needs a little work nothing to major, just some details but you've done a great job.
Passive: Is a solid passive but don't know if it should fully null and ability (might get a little over powered) but, I definately think it should block a large portion of an ability maybe also prevent him dying from an ability so you could still get him but just make it hard to snipe him with ults like ez or ashe to keep the original idea, maybe not this just something about his passive to consider. Overall very solid passive though good work .

Q: Fantastic q fits perfectly with character but maybe you'd give it some aoe because he is low on aoe maybe more like ashes arrow cone than ez single poke? This, I think, would go along very nicely with the damage reduction factor making him hard to kill as seeing that more people would have reduced damage toward him. Love the q idea though fantastic passive!

W: Definately should apply the same mark from his q or maybe even will apply a different mark that makes this target take extra damage from him making him a fantastic soloer and procing very well with his passive and q's passive. Great idea like it. Reminds me of kats jump and consider being able to jump to minions as well.

E: Nothing major does give him INCREDIBLE team fight power with and aoe fear. But with great OPness comes great nerfs so lower that fear to maybe even as low as .5 seconds to 1 second max leveled and maybe give it a little damage over time like malz pool. And remove the speed debuff removal and just leave the speed buff kinda like orianna's.

R: My personal favorite free thornmail. Only thing to add is maybe that target champ takes extra damage from sources or an armor/mr debuff? Overall a fantastic ultimate though.

I hope you found this good feedback and I honestly hope I see this champ on the fields of justice gl my friend!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
ZestyBeast:
I really, really like this idea for a champ and honestly think that riot could use this! A few things though: first as has been said, his lore needs a little work nothing to major, just some details but you've done a great job.
Passive: Is a solid passive but don't know if it should fully null and ability (might get a little over powered) but, I definately think it should block a large portion of an ability maybe also prevent him dying from an ability so you could still get him but just make it hard to snipe him with ults like ez or ashe to keep the original idea, maybe not this just something about his passive to consider. Overall very solid passive though good work .

Q: Fantastic q fits perfectly with character but maybe you'd give it some aoe because he is low on aoe maybe more like ashes arrow cone than ez single poke? This, I think, would go along very nicely with the damage reduction factor making him hard to kill as seeing that more people would have reduced damage toward him. Love the q idea though fantastic passive!

W: Definately should apply the same mark from his q or maybe even will apply a different mark that makes this target take extra damage from him making him a fantastic soloer and procing very well with his passive and q's passive. Great idea like it. Reminds me of kats jump and consider being able to jump to minions as well.

E: Nothing major does give him INCREDIBLE team fight power with and aoe fear. But with great OPness comes great nerfs so lower that fear to maybe even as low as .5 seconds to 1 second max leveled and maybe give it a little damage over time like malz pool. And remove the speed debuff removal and just leave the speed buff kinda like orianna's.

R: My personal favorite free thornmail. Only thing to add is maybe that target champ takes extra damage from sources or an armor/mr debuff? Overall a fantastic ultimate though.

I hope you found this good feedback and I honestly hope I see this champ on the fields of justice gl my friend!


idk if youll see this but i have to say some of the best feedback ive gotten yet. not only do i feel good i have some new perpective. <.< that sounded super cheesy but its true. but yeah ill get back on here soon and switch some stuff up. thank you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
ZestyBeast:
I really, really like this idea for a champ and honestly think that riot could use this! A few things though: first as has been said, his lore needs a little work nothing to major, just some details but you've done a great job.
Passive: Is a solid passive but don't know if it should fully null and ability (might get a little over powered) but, I definately think it should block a large portion of an ability maybe also prevent him dying from an ability so you could still get him but just make it hard to snipe him with ults like ez or ashe to keep the original idea, maybe not this just something about his passive to consider. Overall very solid passive though good work .

Q: Fantastic q fits perfectly with character but maybe you'd give it some aoe because he is low on aoe maybe more like ashes arrow cone than ez single poke? This, I think, would go along very nicely with the damage reduction factor making him hard to kill as seeing that more people would have reduced damage toward him. Love the q idea though fantastic passive!

W: Definately should apply the same mark from his q or maybe even will apply a different mark that makes this target take extra damage from him making him a fantastic soloer and procing very well with his passive and q's passive. Great idea like it. Reminds me of kats jump and consider being able to jump to minions as well.

E: Nothing major does give him INCREDIBLE team fight power with and aoe fear. But with great OPness comes great nerfs so lower that fear to maybe even as low as .5 seconds to 1 second max leveled and maybe give it a little damage over time like malz pool. And remove the speed debuff removal and just leave the speed buff kinda like orianna's.

R: My personal favorite free thornmail. Only thing to add is maybe that target champ takes extra damage from sources or an armor/mr debuff? Overall a fantastic ultimate though.

I hope you found this good feedback and I honestly hope I see this champ on the fields of justice gl my friend!


OH!!!! but i did wanna let you know about the passive see the one thing keeping it from being op is its easily ruined.

you know tryns slow and debuff? how it does no actual damage? well say thats the ability that hit your passive. you absorb 0 damage. so the active on w either applies 0 damage to an enemy or 0 sheild to your ally. i mean id still like to know with that in mind if i should still alter it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
ZestyBeast:
I really, really like this idea for a champ and honestly think that riot could use this! A few things though: first as has been said, his lore needs a little work nothing to major, just some details but you've done a great job.
Passive: Is a solid passive but don't know if it should fully null and ability (might get a little over powered) but, I definately think it should block a large portion of an ability maybe also prevent him dying from an ability so you could still get him but just make it hard to snipe him with ults like ez or ashe to keep the original idea, maybe not this just something about his passive to consider. Overall very solid passive though good work .

Q: Fantastic q fits perfectly with character but maybe you'd give it some aoe because he is low on aoe maybe more like ashes arrow cone than ez single poke? This, I think, would go along very nicely with the damage reduction factor making him hard to kill as seeing that more people would have reduced damage toward him. Love the q idea though fantastic passive!

W: Definately should apply the same mark from his q or maybe even will apply a different mark that makes this target take extra damage from him making him a fantastic soloer and procing very well with his passive and q's passive. Great idea like it. Reminds me of kats jump and consider being able to jump to minions as well.

E: Nothing major does give him INCREDIBLE team fight power with and aoe fear. But with great OPness comes great nerfs so lower that fear to maybe even as low as .5 seconds to 1 second max leveled and maybe give it a little damage over time like malz pool. And remove the speed debuff removal and just leave the speed buff kinda like orianna's.

R: My personal favorite free thornmail. Only thing to add is maybe that target champ takes extra damage from sources or an armor/mr debuff? Overall a fantastic ultimate though.

I hope you found this good feedback and I honestly hope I see this champ on the fields of justice gl my friend!


and i updated the lore a little more tell me if its almost there yet


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisk

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Glad you appreciated it and let me take a look at it all just read through his bio and really liked it! Let me take a minute to read through it. Also feel free to friend me in game at ZestyBeast


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisk

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Looked over it looks really great actually but just make sure you clarify what all his passive does. Make sure to say something like: every time a spell is blocked by passive he gains one stack. Stacks up to 5 (or whatever amount of times). Then say shadowed prey: for every stack of engulfed in shadow (might wanna give stack a fancy name :P) that has been stacked Bael does 50 damage per stack (or 50 sheild if on ally) and make sure you lower that fear cause 2.5 seconds with AOE is even more than sona ult so i would give that fear 1 second max (thats even pushing it) prob .5 seconds for every level but amount of damage goes up with more points in that spell.
Thats all ive got for now if i think of anything I'll tell you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
ZestyBeast:
Looked over it looks really great actually but just make sure you clarify what all his passive does. Make sure to say something like: every time a spell is blocked by passive he gains one stack. Stacks up to 5 (or whatever amount of times). Then say shadowed prey: for every stack of engulfed in shadow (might wanna give stack a fancy name :P) that has been stacked Bael does 50 damage per stack (or 50 sheild if on ally) and make sure you lower that fear cause 2.5 seconds with AOE is even more than sona ult so i would give that fear 1 second max (thats even pushing it) prob .5 seconds for every level but amount of damage goes up with more points in that spell.
Thats all ive got for now if i think of anything I'll tell you


Ok i finally got around to fixing the abilities let me know how that is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisk

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Sorry I feel I'm being critical but one last thing I should have said was make sure passives damage scales with level. like 30 at one 50 at 6 70 at 11 and 90 at 16 not neccasarraly those numbers but that general idea.Every thing else looks great! great job!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
ZestyBeast:
Sorry I feel I'm being critical but one last thing I should have said was make sure passives damage scales with level. like 30 at one 50 at 6 70 at 11 and 90 at 16 not neccasarraly those numbers but that general idea.Every thing else looks great! great job!


its ok but thank you