[NEW CHAMPION] Bael, Shadow of the Forgotten

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codyattakid

10-09-2012

Bael, Shadow of the Forgotten (Tank, Support, Assassin, Ranged) (The New Hybrid)

First things first. I want to let you know the idea to this champ is truly adapting and overcoming. Step out of youre comfort zone. Go back to level one where Riven can beat ANYONE mid if youre good enough. What do you wanna do this game? Tank? Support? or Fight? You decide.

Lore
Long ago, before the wars had started in Runeterra, a species known as the Kyran were a strong presence throughout Piltover. The Kyran were a bright race; kind, loving and dedicated to a higher learning of their ability to manipulate shadows. In turn they had no thirst for violence or any physical force as all their time was spent studying. When the wars began, the Kyran were pushed to the brink of extinction. The onslought brought by the wars was too much for them to handle. All the knowlege they had aquired hadn't prepared them for the sheer brutality that plagued their home. The few survivors had regrouped and fled to a secret location engulfed by shadows. Little did they know, they weren't the only inhabitants. Devastating, wicked creatures infested the shadow the Kyran had called home. In order to keep their lives the Kyran learned the ability to manipulate a type of dark matter they had named their "essence". With this new found ability the small society have been hidden long enough to be forgotten to all but scholars studying ancient times.

A young Kyran known as Bael, an odd being throughout his entire childhood, never had any friends. He walked the shadow alone, being ridiculed and tormented. Even though he had been treated as if he was nothing more than a filthy pest. Bael knew in his heart he was meant for something more. Anything other than what his life was now. As Bael became a young man he began a secret life of training. Not just any normal training though, Bael forced himself to become one being with the shadow. Letting it embrace him and consume him completely. A strong willingness to better his race along with visions of the Kyran returning to the world plagued Baels mind after that night. He knew he must convince the elders on the high council to return the race to Piltover.

Bael, had continuously proposed the idea of returning to Piltover with their newfound strength and reinstating their place in the world. Failure upon failure to convince the high council, Bael took it upon himself to scout for information on this new world. Upon his return Bael had told stories of two men he overheard on his mission. Bael talked of a place the men called the "League of Legends" where disputes are settled in place of waging wars and casting destruction upon the earth. Bael lost sight of anything other than becoming one of these legends he heard about. So, in the darkest shadow of night, Bael had fled from his home for his chance to become the legend he now dreamed of becoming and proving to his entire race the time to resurface is now.

"Underestimating me shall be their downfall." -Bael

Attachment 540440Attachment 545507
Art Credit: CallMeBees

General
Race: Humanoid/ Rabbit (Kyran)
Origin: Piltover
Alliance: Good
Class: Tank, Assain
Subclass: Support
Weapon: Dark Matter/ Shadows
Attack Type: Ranged
Energy Source: Mana

Stats
Damage 45.7 (+3/per level)
Health 350 (+80/per level)
Mana 235 (+45/per level)
Move Speed 305
Armor 14 (+3.5/per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0/per level)
Health Regen 5.5 (+0.55/per level)
Mana Regen 7 (+0.65/per level)

Abilities

Attachment 542256PASSIVE: Engulfed In Shadows- Bael has an aura of shadow that consumes damage from the next enemy ability. Every time Baels passive absorbs an enemy ability he gains 1 stack of Shadowed Prey (Up to 5 stacks) (10/20/30/40/50 damage/sheild per stack.)

Cooldown: 45 seconds (regardless of CDR)

Attachment 542257Q: Dark Essence- Bael fires a cone of dark matter, marking any enemy champion hit with darkness for 3 seconds.

Bael fires off a cone of dark matter dealing 75/95/115/135/155 damage. Also, marking enemy champions struck with darkness.

Passive: Bael takes 5/10/15/20/25 % reduced damage from all enemy champion basic attacks while they are marked with darkness.

Cost: 28/31/34/37/40 Range: 1000 Cooldown: 8 seconds Target: Skill shot

Attachment 542258W: Shadowed Prey- Bael dissapates into nothing but shadow attaching himself to an enemy or allied champion.

Bael dissapetes into nothing but shadow, attaching himself to a selected target for 3 seconds.

Active: If attached to an enemy (champion, minion or monster), deal all damage stacked (up to 350 +%AD) by Engulfed in Shadows(Passive) to selected target. If attached to ally (champion monster or minion) convert all damage stacked (up to 350 +%AP) into a sheild for select target for 5 seconds.

Leveling Sadowed Prey also levels your passive.

Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Range: 600 Cooldown: 14 seconds Target: Select

Attachment 542283E: Twisted Escape- Bael summons a portal made of dark matter.

Bael summons a portal made of dark matter for 4 seconds. Upon entry Bael's and allied movement speed is increased by 5/10/15/20/25 % for 3 seconds. Also, all enemy champions who enter are feared for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds.

Cost: 30 Range: 650 Cooldown: 9 seconds Target: Selected

Attachment 542255R: Shadow Form- Bael consumes himself with shadows, taking form of an enemy champion.

Bael consumes himself with shadows, taking the form of a selected enemy champion for 10 seconds and dealing 80/90/100 % of their basic attack damage (+ %AD and AP). Also Bael gains 20/25/30% of the enemys Armor and Magic Resist.
(Only the basic attack stats are copied. All other stats based on Bael, runes, masteries, buffs and build.)

NOT A REALITY JUST A RANDOM CONCEPT FOR FUN>>>>{Possibility: Unidentifiable as friend or foe to all enemy champions with a possibilty of enemy dealing 25% damage as "friendly fire"} ex. Bael transforms into enemy Darius. enemy team attacks their Darius in a team fight dealing 25% of the damage they would inflict.

Cost:120 Range: 850 Cooldown: 105 Target: Selected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im completely open to any suggestions.

This is my first champion design and i hope you guys like it. I hope RIOT see's this as well.

Thank you to ANYONE and EVERYONE who has been a part of this good bad or neutral youve ALL helped shape Bael into what he is today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Cooldown on passive reduced from 4min - 1min.

Edit 2: Upgraded explanation of Ult.

Edit 3: Q's base damage raised

Edit 4: E's fear ratio tweaked for better early game. W changed from knock off vlad pool to new ability. Passive cooldown ruduced from 1 min to 45 secs. And Active on Q moved to W.

Edit 5: Added new concept to Ult. (Only a possibility)

Edit 6: Updated Lore

Edit 7: Added ability icons

Edit 8: Almost 900 views , Passive- added stack system. Q- Cone shot W- stacking system with passive E- lowered fear ratio to .5-1.5 R- Added MR and Armor buff. Even more Lore.

Edit 9: Reworked to hybrid (AD/AP) and NEW HYBRID (Tank/Support/Assassin)

Kilar

10-09-2012

I actually really like this idea sorry for the short review but I think it has potential, just a few tweeks to numbers but other than that nice start!

Codyattakid

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
I actually really like this idea sorry for the short review but I think it has potential, just a few tweeks to numbers but other than that nice start!
Thank you well if anyone has ideas for the numbers id gladly be open for the change.

Codyattakid

10-10-2012

Any suggestions are extremely helpul. i want this to come out as best as possible.

xJLx MCHammer

10-10-2012

I really like the idea. Obviously, it would need to be tweaked but it looks like. The name has got to go as well ;]

Codyattakid

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJLx MCHammer View Post
I really like the idea. Obviously, it would need to be tweaked but it looks like. The name has got to go as well ;]
Thats fine lol. The tweaking im positive will happen over time but any good ideas for a name?

Codyattakid

10-11-2012

Any more suggestions?

Chaosmech

10-11-2012

Umbriel
Oscuro
Erebus
Orpheus

All of these are related to darkness or shadow. You'll note that a lot of Riot's champions have a name that sort-of indicates something about them. the most blatant of which is Nocturne (Night), but others are pretty telling as well-- HeimerDinger = Oppenheimer + Schrodinger, Lux = Light, Mordekaiser = German(ish) for Lord of Death.

Osprii

10-11-2012

Your Q has very poor base damage. Ryze's Overload, with a very short cooldown of 3.5 seconds, has a base damage amount of 60/85/110/135/160, which is low. So, either raise the damage or... raise the base damage.
Shadow Prey sounds a lot like Vlad's Pool of Blood.
The Ult is very original and interesting, though.

Codyattakid

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
Your Q has very poor base damage. Ryze's Overload, with a very short cooldown of 3.5 seconds, has a base damage amount of 60/85/110/135/160, which is low. So, either raise the damage or... raise the base damage.
Shadow Prey sounds a lot like Vlad's Pool of Blood.
The Ult is very original and interesting, though.
well i can raise em and thank you. but yeah its kinda like vlads poop just a shadow.

12345 ... 6