Thoughts on these team compositions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cujomi

10-09-2012

Like what are the counters? How is the synergy? What would improve it?

I'm just wondering because I may be participating in my first LAN tournament with prizes and such in the near future, and I wash oping to get a better understanding of organized teams in LoL.

Team 1

Top: Gangplank
AP Mid: Kennen
AD Carry: Miss Fortune
Support: Sona
Jungler: Alistar/Malphite/Maokai

Team 2

Top: Gangplank
AP Mid: Zilean
AD Carry: Vayne
Support: Nunu
Jungler: Shen/Maokai/Sejuani

Team 3 - anti-meta

Top: Wukong
AD Mid: Caitlyn
Bot Kill Lane: Ahri & Volibear
Jungler: Sejuani

JJDirty

10-09-2012

Speaking from total opinion, as in I do not claim to be an expert and everything I say should be taken solely as an opinion, your teams are solid in the cc factor. The problems I see is your laning and late game.

For team one, I would recommend not using Miss Fortune. Personally, I feel she is one of the worst AD Carries. This is because she has no escape and her cc is mediocre. Try going for a carry with more damage. I see Graves or Ez working well with that team comp. Also, unless you are an advanced GP player, I feel he should not be used due to his ease of being shut down. The Sona and Jungle pick are solid, and I feel Kennen is also a great choice team one.

For Team 2, again I feel GP is a very sketchy pick. The Vayne/Nunu pick is a very good pick if you trust your adc. His tankyness and slow will really help out Vayne. Zilean also strikes me as a sub-par choice. His ult is decent early game, but once people start getting items like GA, he slowly becomes worthless. Again, your jungle picks are solid.

For Team 3, I like the idea behind this, but I feel like this will not work. Caitlyn has nice poke, but the main reason for an ap carry is to kill the ad carry, so this is counter productive unless you have your support mid also. Also, Volibear is not a good support. He requires farm to shine, and I feel is better in the jungle. As to the jungle, I don't think Sejuani is very viable.

Hope my advise helps. If you want to respond, post and I will check back soon.

Nroberts15

10-09-2012

Your account looks like it's a smurf, so I have no insight on your level of play. However, more than likely, based on probability and your questions, your team is not comprised of high Elo solo queue players. If I am wrong, disregard the following.

Rather than focus on specific team comps, just focus on your team's best characters and emphasize teamwork. Too often, I play with my friends and they play X champion because he is good against Y champion, even though they have little to no experience with X.

That being said, team 1 is a good mixed damage AOE comp with a great deal of CC. As with all AOE comps, strong disengages are good against them. I would definitely ban out Janna and Maokai (if you are able to get Ali/Malph). Unless you are facing a heavy healing comp (typically going to be a double wota with Vlad), I would swap out MF for Graves.

Team 2 is fine, I would probably switch out GP for someone with better CC or who fits the team better. Malphite/Irelia/Renekton could be good. Possibly Kayle as well.

Team 3 is going to revolve around bot lane. If they win lane hard, you will win the game. I'd probably go with Annie instead of Ahri. You'll want to ban out high mobility AD carries (Ezreal for sure, possibly Corki as well).

Hopefully this helps. Keep in mind my above comments as well as the fact that I rarely play arranged 5's. Thank you for killing 10 minutes of my work day.

Cujomi

10-09-2012

Thanks so much for the quick replies. No, I'm not a Smurf, but I've had a fairly quick learning curve in the game due to queuing up frequently with my level 30 friends (who got me into the game a couple of weeks ago). I queue with them a lot now and feel like I can hold my own against the level 30s that we face (without maxed masteries or any runes).

That said I'll reply to the best of my ability.

JJDirty: Our Miss Fortune player is probably the best player on our team. He's very good with her, and as can be seen in the recent WC she can be a viable champion. She has good burst, and is supported well by Sona (movespeed, healing). Our Gangplank player is pretty good with him and hopefully can make use of all the stun and CC to really massacre opposing teams quickly. Team 2 really kind of revolves around the Zilean + Vayne synergy -- I have to disagree that Zilean becomes useless when people start getting GAs (I feel he becomes even more useful). With a GA on Zilean, and another champ chances are I'll be able to reduce my cooldown enough to get off 2 Chrono Shifts in a short period of time and having to kill the opposing team 3 - 4 times while getting bombarded with bombs and a ton of true-damage from Vayne is taxing to say the least. As for team 3...well, it's a counter-meta team for a reason. Caitlyn is the best ADC (I feel) to attempt this with because she is positional by nature and with the smallest lane she can protect herself with traps and poke from far away to try and help negate the AP Mid's effectiveness. The bottom lane is the real focus of this team and they tend to snowball very quickly -- almost every game we've tested this out in they've just torn right through the ADC/Support comp and singlehandedly won us the game. Wukong and Sej are for CC and team-fights if it gets that far. The top and mid lane will be somewhat weak, but Sej provides awesome ganks and CC as well as a strong late-game force while the bottom lane is thrashing.

Nroberts15: Thanks for the tips. Those are the kinds of things I was looking for. Again, as mentioned above, Miss Fortune has been very effective but I'll definitely suggest trying out Graves for team 1. Team 2 our GP is also a very effective Renekton player, so I can suggest that to him for sure. Team 3 you have it pretty much spot on (our AP player in that case really likes Ahri in that match-up, but I can suggest Annie) as the bottom lane has almost always been unstoppable.