Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gho5t13

10-12-2012

Best game ever

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
Lyte, I have a suggestion that I think many others would enjoy as well. Let's say player X is being very helpful/friendly or whatever, and you think "I gotta honour them for being so nice!". The end game lobby comes about, and you accidentally leave without honouring him cause you forgot. My proposed system is that in-game, next to the mute button you have an honour button. If you press it, when the end-game lobby comes about, a pop-up would say something like "Summoner, you have marked some people for honour.", and then point to or highlight which people you marked. That's all the button would do, just mark them, but I think it could be very helpful.
Lyte, can I please know what you think of something like this?

Elanorien

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotsky Icepick View Post
What if we just don't honor anyone ever? This system has gotten to the point of annoying with me spending my time posting on forums about it instead of actually enjoying the game. I can't honor my friends, who are super helpful and talk me through strategy while gaming, because that's apparently "cheap" honor. So, now I've been marked for overusing an honor system for honoring those who are making the game much more enjoyable for me. I have to take the time after the match to rate the performance of people I don't know and will probably never see or game with again. It seems like your trying to get the gamer to do the work of the tribunal. Only, what's the penalty for never receiving honor? What if you're a good player, who isn't rude and plays well, and nobody ever takes the time to honor you? Do you get penalized as well? There seems to be way to much missing out of this attempt to control a community where people can just create a new name and new account every few minutes. How do you control that with honor? A no risk, no reward honor system at that.
"The work of the Tribunal" is the player's responsibility, lol, that's the beauty of it. A penal system we, the players, get to participate in. And no, of course you don't get penalized for not getting honor, that's just silly. If you don't wanna spend your time reading about it, don't play the game. If you do want to read about it, make sure you know your facts before making negative statements. My boyfriend's a great player, and generally rarely rude, but he doesn't say much, so he rarely gets enough attention to be honored...it's not a big deal, just his play style, and he doesn't care about the honor, so it's fine.

And you have to take the time after a match to rate a player? It takes all of 3 seconds. And it's not so much about about performance as it is attitude and behavior. You should now how you feel about the player by the end of the match, so you shouldn't need to take much time to decide whether or not to honor. And it doesn't matter that you'll likely never see them again, what matters is that you're recognizing them as someone who helped make your a game a positive experience.

Read up some more on it all, Tribunal and Honor are two great systems that have had really good results thus far.

xlon3wolf

10-12-2012

How does one get the ribbon on thier name in matchmaking? and what does it mean when you log on and it says "You have been Honored and a animatino happens"?

Elanorien

Recruiter

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlon3wolf View Post
How does one get the ribbon on thier name in matchmaking? and what does it mean when you log on and it says "You have been Honored and a animatino happens"?
The animation when you log on means you earned a badge. You get the badge by being rewarded enough honor. There is no set amount of Honor points at which you'll earn a badge, as it's determined by a ratio of Honor earned to games played. On top of that, honor has a value behind the points that we can't see. Honor from friends that you queue with, particularly when given/traded frequently, is worth less than Honor rewarded from strangers. So, a player who receives the bulk of their Honor from friends will need more points to unlock a Badge than a player who receives the bulk of theirs from strangers.

Edit: Lyte, or anyone who knows better than I do, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is more or less how it works in a nutshell. I don't know the particular math behind the ratio.

mappyflappy

10-12-2012

The honor system is working but whatever is determining who is "honor boosting" is not a good system. Last night i played a large quantity of games solo queued but ended up fight the same ppl three times in a row. I was given honor every time by then because we were talking to each other and having a good time. I now have had my honor reset on my account for being friendly with teamates and enemies. Other than this i thought the honor system works well. When you are not queued with someone you should not be penalized if they honor you regardless of the number of times they honor with you.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-12-2012
48 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mappyflappy View Post
The honor system is working but whatever is determining who is "honor boosting" is not a good system. Last night i played a large quantity of games solo queued but ended up fight the same ppl three times in a row. I was given honor every time by then because we were talking to each other and having a good time. I now have had my honor reset on my account for being friendly with teamates and enemies. Other than this i thought the honor system works well. When you are not queued with someone you should not be penalized if they honor you regardless of the number of times they honor with you.
I don't see anything that shows your Honor was reset on mappyflappy. Maybe try relogging?

tolore

10-12-2012

how do the ribbons work for team stuff if you play almost entirely with 5 man premades? I only have couple teamwork honors, but I've also only played with a couple pubs, so I assume that's a pretty high percentage(I don't think anyone in our premade really passes honors out to eachother). Is it basically impossible to get the ribbons playing most/entirely with premades? That's not necessarily unintended behavior I'm sure, I can easily see being nice with premades not being an indicator of being nice OUT of premades so it could make sense. Mostly just curious.

edit: I guess a more succinct question is would it be remotely possible to earn the ribbons playing almost entirely with premades if we started honoring eachother for specifically good games.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-12-2012
49 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolore View Post
how do the ribbons work for team stuff if you play almost entirely with 5 man premades? I only have couple teamwork honors, but I've also only played with a couple pubs, so I assume that's a pretty high percentage(I don't think anyone in our premade really passes honors out to eachother). Is it basically impossible to get the ribbons playing most/entirely with premades? That's not necessarily unintended behavior I'm sure, I can easily see being nice with premades not being an indicator of being nice OUT of premades so it could make sense. Mostly just curious.

edit: I guess a more succinct question is would it be remotely possible to earn the ribbons playing almost entirely with premades if we started honoring eachother for specifically good games.
It is possible to earn Crests of Honor by playing entirely with premades, but it is slightly more difficult.

Dedecus

10-12-2012

i like to play with my friend who i know, so if we honor each other after each game (not being dishonorable players) is that considered trading?