Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
43 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
Good evening, Dr. Lyte,

I don't think I've seen this addressed by the Reds anywhere...but the badges. When you earn more than one, have you considered displaying them all at once? I currently have 2, and rather than seeing both you only see the one I got most recently. It would be cool to have one on all four corners, lol.

And I do believe this was commented on by Lyte, but any further information on what the average amount of honor per player is? What the highest someone's earned? (Count or the hidden value we can't see). Just want you to know there's a lot of interest for this statistic. Has a leader board been considered?

Edit: Also, I think it would be cool if on your profile the Honor icon could be colored to indicate you've earned the badge for that category.
We considered showing more than one Crest/Ribbon; however, it gets cluttered very quickly in the portrait. We're going to collect data to see how many players actually unlock multiple Crests and determine whether we need to develop a solution for displaying multiple Crests.

For now, it displays the most difficult to get Crest that you have unlocked and it always show Honorable Opponent Crests to your enemies.

itsWind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

@Lyte around how much honor do i need to get a teamwork crest?

I'm at 30 right now.

i got the band at around 30 for opponent

no honors are from the same person

Dreggon

10-11-2012

Hello captain-doctor-professor-person Lyte!

This one time I played a game and there was a guy and he was really cool. However, I forgot to honor him. Are there any plans to make it possible to honor people after you've left the post-game lobby? Sometimes the post-game lobby doesn't load, or my client crashes.

Lyte

10-11-2012
44 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrwhale View Post
Hi Lyte,

Asked this earlier, didn't see a response: Does the "most difficult" banner to obtain change based on different demographics?

Also, has there been a regression in behavior? I imagine a certain amount of people wanted to give the system a shot at first and when they either haven't earned a banner or haven't earned much honor (because they weren't honorable or allies forgot to honor), they went back to old habits.

Thanks!
ncrwhale

ps Please pick me for the focus group next week! haha
It looks like for now, trends are actually quite similar across all our territories. In all regions, the Crests are the same 'difficulty' to unlock, Teamwork is the easiest Honor to earn and Helpful is the hardest Honor to earn.

Lyte

10-11-2012
45 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
Hello captain-doctor-professor-person Lyte!

This one time I played a game and there was a guy and he was really cool. However, I forgot to honor him. Are there any plans to make it possible to honor people after you've left the post-game lobby? Sometimes the post-game lobby doesn't load, or my client crashes.
Currently there are no plans to allow you to go back and Honor people; if we allowed this we would have to quantify how 'accurate' Honor is when it's given during the End-of-Game screen versus hours or days later. It's a solvable problem, but not one I think has huge value at this time.

Elsaliss

10-11-2012

@Lyte:

Can you explain what a report does to your Honor? For example, I've been playing Xerath in ranked over the past few days and whenever I do just average or even a little below average, someone on my team starts raging and saying that they will report me. After the game they go and say that I was, "reported".

LouisLeGros

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It looks like for now, trends are actually quite similar across all our territories. In all regions, the Crests are the same 'difficulty' to unlock, Teamwork is the easiest Honor to earn and Helpful is the hardest Honor to earn.
Have you noticed certain sections of the player base more frequently acquiring some of these crests? For example, do players who primarily play Coop vs AI get Helpful more frequently than someone who primarily plays normals or ranked?

Dreggon

10-11-2012

Quote:
Currently there are no plans to allow you to go back and Honor people; if we allowed this we would have to quantify how 'accurate' Honor is when it's given during the End-of-Game screen versus hours or days later. It's a solvable problem, but not one I think has huge value at this time.
The "Recently Played" list resets when you log out, so it would probably only be a few minutes unless the person never logs out.

FistOf7Dragons

10-11-2012

@lyte why cant we see our own badges? / why is there no way to see the badge you have on your summoner profile? after i had already the badge for like day (only knew because people asked me about it) then i log in and a message about it and still can't view it

IBastardI

10-11-2012

Quote:

So mr Lyte are we going to get a system where high honor people will play with people like them? so my elo stops decreasing