Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brech0rbaerli

10-11-2012

Hey, just wanted to share a few thoughts with you. If they have already been posted, im sorry but i dont have the time to read through 90 pages. So about the statistics:
They dont say people have been nicer, but just that reports have gone down. So this leads me to the conclusion that some portion of this might not be related to people beeing actually nicer, but simply to the fact that it is possible to distinguish between youre average, little bit "ragy" player and the nice ones. Before all you could do to make a difference was to report the ragy one. Now you have the alternative to honor the nice one(s).

Theres another thing i came accross. Might just be for me, im not even sure if it is true for me or just feels like that, since i didnt really make my own statistic, but it seems to me, that you get "honorable" opponent MUCH more, if you loose.
I mean i could understand it if thats true over a larger scale, since youre not so willing to honor someone who just owned you, than the one you managed to beat bu still pit up a decent fight. Would be interesting to see some statistics about that, and maybe think of a way to balance that, since players with less skills would be more honorable opponents in the long run

Purgatory Ace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Say you just had a great game, your jungler absolutely dominated the enemy jungler with counter jungling, ganks each lane successfully (fb + most kills fed to ap carry mid), gets you every dragon and leads the game with call outs. In the end game chat he says "you should honor me for team work ". He didn't say honor me or I report, or I deserve honor give it to me, or honor me and I'll honor you, there was no negative attitude in it in my opinion. 2 players on the enemy team said you can be banned for that, he said only if you are being shady about it and trading/abusing the system, then the enemy team said well lets test that out then and both reported him for spamming.

Does a player like that lose his honor? I mean it's still my choice on whether to honor him or not, I think he actually deserved the honor.

Also what about the players who reported him for spamming? Does there report hold no weight because he did do an amazing job in the game?

Does your honor reports vs reports for spamming cross check the game score, and chat log?

FistOf7Dragons

10-11-2012

@reds why can't you see your own badge? like if other people hadn't asked me about it i would have never known that i even had it....

Zyndo

10-11-2012

i've played, between season 1 and 2, over 3000 ranked matches. i rarely play normals, so i wont be able to give info or input about that on a whole. But in my ranked experience, i find that people are, on a whole, generally rude, disrespectful, and ignorant.

As it stands, i think this honor system is a great idea, but is too easily exploitable. There are far too many pages to read here to sift through all of the input by others, so maybe this has already been mentioned, or was even brought up in riot during the concept design (or whatever you call it) of the 'honor system'; in either case, i think it would be fairest, and safest, and easiest to regulate the honor system, is if people were given 1 "honor credit" (or whatever you would want to call them) per game. These credits could be spent after the end of a game, during the post-game lobby (as normal), in any one of the three ways currently available. any unspent points go into a 'bank' system, up to a cap of, lets say, 5. These numbers are arbitrary, and of course would/should be tweaked by riot to a more accurate and refined system, but its an idea

This would do a few things:

1) it would limit the ability to do "honor trading" since you would have a limited amount of honor to give, and would therefore have to use it more wisely, and would not be able to exploit it game after game.

2) With a limit on how much honor can actually be given out each round, people who care about receiving honor would actually be 'competing' against each other, in a way, such that only the top percentile (attitude wise) would truly receive honor, the middle group of people would get no honor and no report. and then the bottom 10% or whatever would get reports for being rude or whatever they get their reports for. this 'competition' for honor points should, in turn, make people spend their 'credits' wiser, and make people feel more appreciated when they DO get honor.

3) The 'bank' system would then make people unable to just spam everyone on a team repeatedly after 'saving up' for a few games, or to just spam your friends when you play together for more than a game or two.

4)The 'bank' system also allows for those games where it gets so roudy, or for the games where no one really stands out as an honorable opponent. Because there will be games like that. Then in the future, when you come across a game where 2 or more people are being exceptionally nice or honorable, you still (if you use this system properly and wisely) can have the points to give them ALL honor, as will other people on your team, and the enemy team.

This is just an idea, i dont know if this post even belongs in this thread. I'm just making my opinion heard. if someone knows a better place where this might get seen, by all means, copy paste my idea and run with it

p.s. i'm sick and tired, and kinda to lazy to explain all the points. and if some information is left out, or if some numbers wouldn't add up, let it be. i'm not trying to start an argument on mechanics or anything like that, its just an idea i'm throwing out there, and riot can arrange the rest of that stuff if they take on it.

EDIT:
a similar system should be designed for reports as well, so people are not just reporting for senseless things. or things that are so very minor (relatively) that people might want to save their points for potentials who are a true burden to this game and community.

Antholagnia

10-11-2012

I'm a quiet gamer; I've received loads of honor. I get it for 'honorable opponent' and 'teamwork'. I often don't say much more than 'mia mid' or top or where ever.

I understand that some of these honor marks are from players who just honor their whole team or the whole enemy team without distinguishing players. But not all of them are. Are there any other quiet gamers who receiving honor not for specifically being courteous but rather for the absence of verbal abuse?

I think it's nice. The rudest among us are the most vocal. The honor system shows me that there are gamers who appreciate the quiet types who just want to get a game in.

Zyndo

10-11-2012

you can display exceptional teamwork and play, without uttering a single word in chat. if it is 'teamwork' honorings that you are receiving as a majority, then that would make sense..... if its spread evenly across the board, then it makes little sense. its tough to be 'friendly' or 'helpful', or even in many cases 'an honorable opponent' would be tough to truely earn or acquire if not much is said.

CheezZy Burger

10-11-2012

Due to premade team adding honor constantly some people had more than 30 of honors in just short amount of time the system exist. So to really work it out I think the only person that should be honoring is your opponent cause they are the ones that really think that are u a really good player or not.

KnowBrainer

10-11-2012

This system is great. It's so nice to be able to reward positive behavior/play...
But when do we get to cash in our honor for IP?

Baxter900

10-11-2012

I agree, Honors a well done system.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
42 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydafexx View Post
Three games out of 2,000 for instance? that's a .0015% ratio, I guarantee nobody's behavior is perfect 100% of the time.
A player can never end up in the Tribunal for having 3 bad games out of 2000.

Just because the Tribunal case shows 3 games doesn't mean he's in the Tribunal for 3 games--the Tribunal just polls random game samples to build a case. You have to be consistently toxic across numerous games and reported an average of 25x more than the average player to actually end up in Tribunal.