Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harry Balsak

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxlight View Post
You just used the word toxic in a news post on the front page.

You need to be fired Lyte; It would be one of the most worthwhile decisions the company could make.
What base of logic do you use for this? He is doing what he can to fix up the **** community, his choice of words was spot on. I refuse to recruit IRL friends to this game for that exact toxic community he spoke of and with this system things are a tiny bit better.

This Lyte is a paragon of light for all other riot employees. I look forward for more to come.

byobsoad2

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leothorn View Post
Honor system reducing players to dithering dumasses . People have stopped even criticizing **** moves by players . If someone is wrong he has to be told he is wrong not cajoled into ohh gj ....It pisses me off..
Do we want to stop constructive criticism al togethar ??
that's what the Helpful one is for

Nomnom3

10-09-2012

I absolutely love Honor, but I think it's kind of ironic the percent difference between abuse going down in ranked and normals. Shouldn't it be the other way?

Erwindeae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I have gotten less honor than a lot of people i know and i got mine taken away for nothing i only honor like 1 maybe 2 people per game and i have honored my friends but it wasnt excessive. it is rediculous that my honor gets taken for nothing. I am also sure that this happened to many other people.

Sporadic P0tato

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killajoule View Post
Hi Lyte, would you ever consider giving Summoners a comment box option to be used when honouring a fellow Summoner (similar to the report feature)? This feature would Summoners to describe the specific action that fellow summoners felt was commendable, giving your team more information and potentially opening the door for your team to provide Summoners with that feedback.

For reports, you created report cards which allows banned individuals to see the specific behaviour that they were punished for.

For Honour, we could have the honour roll which e-mails players to let them know what specific actions they are being rewarded for. This could help to encourage Summoners to repeat those behaviours in-game and also serve as examples for other Summoners to follow by.

Is this something that is already in the works? Thank you again for the honour system, it has significantly improved my in-game experience.
I would love this.

I played a game with a group of fives in normals, and of course we went against another premade fives group. We stumbled upon them all dancing on our red buff. Of course we slew them all, but we found it strange that they all stood there dancing while we killed them.

After a couple of minutes the game devolved into a twenty minute dance party. Twenty minutes of ten players screwing around, making dumb jokes, running in circles around the enemy brolaf while he yelled BROOOOOOO and things like that...after twenty minutes the other team surrendered, and I gave out honor to all of them, and they did to us as well, because as ridiculous as that was that was one of the funnest "games" of league I've ever played. Would be nice just to give them a little BROLAF U DANCE 2 STRONK or something like that, haha.

NitroWeasel3k

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Crazed View Post
The honor system is one big pile of garbage set in place just like the REPORT function is!!! Kids report anyone and everyone just because they feel like it and butt buddies honor them!
But thats why the tribunal is a good thing. Other players can read scores and chat so they can see if there is a REASON someone was reported. I take the time to actually read through the chat on any Tribunal cases I judge.

Darkwahn

10-09-2012

Great to see that honor is working out, I've been seeing an improvement in my normals. I've had to tell premade friends to quit honoring me when I do well though, because I dont want them to have any issues. :P

Snakeblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I've always wondered, and this post was a little more clear or atleast aluded to it, but how can the system take into account friends who generally do make a posotive difference but honor eachother.

In a game recently my team was quite down in both gameplay and in spirit. I was in a great mood at the time due to external events and was making many in game comments from the perspective of taric which were comical. Both my team and the enemy team agreed afterward that i had made the game more enjoyable even when we were getting stomped. My friend was among the ragers on my team and told me he wished he could honor my efforts at raising spirits without it going against the system. A nearly same event happened with us in the reverse and i did not honor him for the same reason.

Is it a meaningless paranoia? Or should we not honor people we play with often for fear of it looking like trading?

Darkness4910

10-09-2012

What are people honored for the most?

Theorycrafter

10-09-2012

I got a question. The % losses of reports are losses as opposed to what period of time? A sample, same amount period of time where honor system wasn't implemented?