Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reactor22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

there seems to be alot less raging in lol this week. but noone wants to cooperate with each other. most people dont even try to help the noob on the team. im not saying yelling at somone is a good idea but bieng silent when they build xin zhao AP?!?1?! is alot worse. yay we have a better dumber community. welcome to blizzard

Rain Quill

10-10-2012

I've played a dominion game where two of my teammates left, and the enemy team decided to make a fun out of that. Irelia danced in front of our base, Vayne shot our Kha Zix the moment he respawned (yes, I know you are supposed to kill enemy no matter where he is, but the way she did it was just rude). Of course we lost, and after the match Irelia spammed "HONOR" "YOU GUYS HAD AN HONORABLE DEFEAT" "HONOR FOR ALL." Yeah yeah, I get it. Honor, what a pretty word.

She and another teammate (I'm not sure who) gave all of us honor points. But really, I did not feel honorable even a bit. I was on Talon, and Talon always says this: "Only fools pledge life to honor." Very ironic indeed.

So, Dr. Lyte, may I ask you and Riot to think of a "honor rejection system"?
It's simple; whenever somebody honors me, small buttons asking if I want it or not will appear. If there is the freedom to give people honor, there should be the freedom to reject it, I think. I hope you will consider adding this feature.

Thank you for reading. :D

Bio optimus

10-10-2012

Once Again Riot has outdone itself as an organization. I have always admired your ability to be dynamic and innovative when it comes to the game league of legends.
This honors system provides us the users with a way of rewarding those who make our game play enjoyable. The smart thing is plays on the idea of positive reinforcement something that is quite frankly lacking in many gaming environments.

I for one now feel more incentive to give advice or just banter during game play.

Thank you for this insight into your thinking and better yet the positive results from such a new step. AS someone who works with statistics I appreciate what it takes to give us such results.

Keep up the good work.

Bio optimus

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor22 View Post
there seems to be alot less raging in lol this week. but noone wants to cooperate with each other. most people dont even try to help the noob on the team. im not saying yelling at somone is a good idea but bieng silent when they build xin zhao AP?!?1?! is alot worse. yay we have a better dumber community. welcome to blizzard

there is a whole range of responses between raging and silence. For instance you could question the person as to why he/she is building that way and/or suggest better items. If I saw my teammate A suggest that to teammate B I will honor teammate A for being helpful.

Locutus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor22 View Post
Blame Siv HD for that.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-10-2012
39 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPineapple5 View Post
Hello Dr. Lyte

People have been saying that their honor has been reset, but they didn't do anything wrong. This means one of two things is happening:

A: People aren't aware they are doing something that will get their honor reset

B: The system is accusing innocent people

To fix this I suggest that the system finds "suspicious" people. Then the case goes to Tribunal. Real people will decide if honor has been traded. To do this though the case would need to show every time a player earned honor, who gave it to them, and when it was given to them. So if somebody has 165 honor but they got all of it from random people in spaced out times, it would be obvious they didn't trade honor.

And to ask my question again that I asked earlier.

If somebody says, "Give me honor at the end of game" is is a reportable offense, and if so, what kind of offense???

-Crazypineapple5
This already happens. I'm not sure why people aren't checking their e-mails--they'd find an e-mail from the Tribunal and their Reform Card.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-10-2012
40 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralXiggy View Post
Wait, you're telling me I got banned for 3 days because I gave my friends, who did great teamwork, a teamwork honor?
Why are we getting banned for this honor system again? It gives no positive effects or boosts or upgrades, or skins, or themes, or in fact anything except a cute number with an icon next to it.

Wow, how dramatic and necessary it is to make sure we ban those "honor farmers"!
Hot diggity, so glad I got banned for playing with my friends.

I did my best to convey my disgust without cussing or using anything derogatory, please give me a friendly honor.
Check your e-mail for a Reform Card--you were banned for toxic behavior. Your Honor was reset because of your toxic behavior such as calling people "f***ing moron."

Jewzard Jewlord

10-10-2012

I really appreciate the introduction of the honor system! I noticed a difference in player behavior THE DAY it came out! I have always tried to uphold the summoners code, and I'm so happy to see a larger majority of players doing so as well!

ardulus25

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Check your e-mail for a Reform Card--you were banned for toxic behavior. Your Honor was reset because of your toxic behavior such as calling people "f***ing moron."
Hey Lyte did you have a chance to look at my response to our conversation last night regarding "learned helplessness" etc?

Taihl

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

Best reply ever!

On a more serious note, I'm a fairly casual player and probably get fewer than 10 games in during a given week. I have however noticed a dramatic difference in the general opponent interaction. Fewer of the *winning* team are now choosing to mock or ridicule thier opponent, and fewer on the *losing* team are now spending the entire game whining about "That useless Ryze". Howver, I have noticed that truly negative players, are still just as negative. I've enjoyed the Honor deal and get usually 1 or 2 each game regardless of my role played. Good work, I enjoy the game and this should only improve the community.

P.S. (maybe you guys could sell this idea to Blizzard so my wife and I can play WoW together with fewer trolls.)