Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malcross

10-09-2012

great work riot. ive literally watched the LoL community improve amazingly quickly with the the honor initiative. keep up the great work!!!

Belgskuh

10-09-2012

What happens with people that NEVER give out any honor to anyone? But yet still earn some from others.

Will they be an influence on people who have a crest making them lose it since they keep playing but don't end up getting new honor anymore?

Draakhen

10-09-2012

Beautiful system! Keep it up! It shows that positive motivation is stronger than negative motivation.

BlameTheJungl3r

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The simple answer is yes. If a player sees evidence that playing their best and staying positive can lead to wins, the feedback is effective in shaping behavior.

I also agree that for the average player, sometimes frustration leads to bursts of toxicity because they feel incapable of affecting the outcomes of their games regardless of whether it's due to cognitive biases or other factors. If this happens repeatedly, it creates a phenomenon called "learned helplessness" where a player might just give up before the game even begins.
Said "learned helplessness" would be a large contributor to a lot of reports. Am I wrong? People that give up because of the enemy having a better team comp or winning early game - so they just assume that their game is done - they then proceed to get reported on by their teammates. Meanwhile the reported player feels like a victim.

Exodus Hero

10-09-2012

Honor skins? would be nice

xValediction

10-09-2012

Here's a suggestion:

Make it to where you can only honor a particular person once, and you will be unable to honor that person for a period of time. Perhaps 3 days or even permanently?

Boyahda

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There's some interesting statistics here I'd love to talk about in the future. For example, I hinted earlier that there's a percentage of the population that used to be toxic but is actually earning Honor now (and decreasing rapidly in # of reports they receive). I'm going to keep a personal eye on this and see if we can talk about it in the future and try to dive into this topic a bit more and see what happened.
I just can't see how a number in game that does nothing would affect toxic players behavior. Like why would they start behaving better now, it's not like honor does anything?

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Dear Dr. Lyte.
I'm just wondering about a few things at the moment. I personally don't have a lot of time to play these days, I average maybe 5-6 games a week. So I was wondering if the crests (and other upcoming rewards) have only to do with how much honor you get (quantitative-wise), or is it somehow tied in with number of games played as well (honor received per games played etc.)?
Just thinking that someone who plays, say, 60 games a week will have on average 10 times as much honor as me, if we were to play similarly, in which case it would also take me 10 times longer to gain the same "respect" as this other person, even though we would in fact be equally honorable. Which would be sad for me
I also play the majority of my games with my friends on weekends (when I have free time), and thus the vast majority of my honor will obviously be distributed among those same friends. Should I be worried that the system will catch me and suddenly have me back at 0 honor, just because I like playing with the same people a lot? (And how about when we use voice-comm, the teamwork we have won't be seen directly in chatlogs, and thus impossible to catch, so it will come up as spamming honor if I were to play a lot of 5v5 with the same team?)

Res NØva

10-10-2012

Hey Dr.Lyte

Just an important Question, How do we view our badges/crests if we have one.
Another Important thing i would like to talk about is Rewards, everyone loves awards and just thought maybe rewards might come in anytime, i know this might lead to honor trading etc but if you think about you can make the honor earned by other players go to the reward only, not your premade honor.

Rewards Such as
x1 Ip Boost
Skins
Exp Reward
100ip Reward
Tier 1 Rune
Tier 2 Rune
Tier 3 Rune (Depends On levels)

Etc Just some thoughts and a question.

CAMDERAN

10-10-2012

possibly add a report option for HONOR BEGGING or something similiar. i have seen it in games where people have just spammed all chat with honor swap promises