Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BCartfall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I can attest to how honor has changed my in-game behavior. I've been banned two weeks in the past [six months ago] and I feel that since the emergence of honor I've really chilled out.

EllieEnchanted

10-09-2012

Just wanted to say great job on this riot, its not the cure but it sure helps!

Sinaura

10-09-2012

I enjoy the system, go riot =]

Astroclaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I was thinking maybe as a reward for honor or crests, increase the amount of IP gained from tribunal cases. This will draw more honorable players towards the tribunal, and offer a more concrete reward to those players. I don't think getting enough judgements for the tribunal is a problem right now, but it's just a thought.

MaddieDestroys

10-09-2012

Thanks a lot for the honor system - definite improvement in my games this week. One thing has bothered me though.

I am a support main although I play everything a fair amount. I have found that supports very rarely get honored in comparison to mid/adc especially and jungle/top some. I've gotten honored plenty of times as a support but I've also had tons of really great support games go unhonored whereas all my good games and most of my average games at a high kill position get a fair amount of honor. I still occasionally get honor from teammates as a support, but I think I've only gotten 1 honorable opponent as a support and 21 as other, even though most of my games are support (which I am better at) and just as honorable as others. As someone who is very incentive-driven, it makes me want to play support less, which is too bad as there aren't a ton of people who want to play it in the first place.

Obviously, it's not news that supports are a little underappreciated unless you are 0-0-35 (and sometimes even then, at least at my ELO), but I was ok with that until there was a tangible result I was missing out on. Would a more support-specific honor button be out of the question? Helpful could apply but the current description indicates helpful only in terms of mentoring or setting up strategy, not making great assists and saves.

Lord Valuxorien

10-09-2012

Dear Riot Employee:

i do not know if you are already doing this but you should try to check the honor by randomly put "honor cases" on the tribunal to the ones that constantly judge for misbehaviour, so that way you could also see about the trade of honor and make it more effective and legit.

i found this system you are implentening a real interesting method to improve the gaming community.

keep up the good work, please make this game a better game, and keep encouraging the community to have better players and let the summoners code be fulfilled.

Pepperpwni

10-09-2012

Wow, 30+ Riot Posts. I don't have anything else to say that hasn't already been said - love the new system and I really appreciate you, Lyte, taking the time to answer our questions!

On a side note, I do have to agree with an earlier poster about people saying, "Honor for everyone!" I haven't been seeing people blatantly ask for honor, but I've been seeing this a lot; it looks like another subtle way of asking for honor. But I fear that some players are seeing this and are simply mimicking this behavior because it seems customary.

And on another side note, I believe its rarer to be noted for being "Helpful" because when you are helpful to novice players, they more than likely know nothing about the system to even use it. >_<

innervation

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Given certain rates of positive behaviors, which ones do players 'value' more? How much do players value Teamwork versus Friendly? Given a player that shows equal Friendliness and Teamwork, what does a player choose to Honor him with?
I think Teamwork as a label is too ambiguous. If I see a mid Ahri go 5-0 in lane, maybe pick up a kill while counter jungling, grab a couple dragons, participate (well) in one teamfight, and then the enemy surrenders at 20...isn't that good teamwork, even if they didn't really communicate with the team or gank lanes?

I guess what I'm saying is, I feel like there is a difference between the MVP of a match, and showing exemplary teamwork, but now that the honor system is in place, I also feel compelled to honor the person who contributed more than their (albeit totally subjective) 20% share of the win. This is so long as they don't say anything explicitly trolly or dishonorable.

To get back to why I quoted that specific part of Lyte's post, I think since the teamwork label is more performance oriented, I lean towards honoring for that over friendly, even if they are tied.

xkhazixmaster18

10-09-2012

looks like lyte left the thread

Well thanks for spending so long on it though! We appreciate it.

Silenced

10-09-2012

So I was thinking that we could exchange honor for like ip or rp.