Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craigular Joe

10-09-2012

Hypothetical here: I queue often with friends. Probably 80% of my games i queue with two or three friends. I honestly think that they have displayed great teamwork or have been very helpful to me while i play a new champ. So deem it fit to honor them for their good behaviour. Now say this same scenario happens for the next few games i play with them. Whether it be two days apart or three games immediately after that first game. I'm not trying to trade honor but i feel that they deserve the honor as they likely won't be receiving it from the other two or single random in our group. I understand the need to monitor the honor being given out and try to abstain from such "trading". But this is a little one-sided for friends who often only play when there are more friends online. Through this "trading" deterrent system, i would almost never get honor, nor be able to give out honor since most of my team will consist of friends. That being said, I know there are honorable opponents to give out, but I've been a very good sport in all of my games and have even complimented the other team on their efforts, regardless of who won. Yet I have received very few honorable opponents. I am in no way saying that I deserve them, but I feel that those honor points will be few and far between. So my ultimate questions are:
1.) Will i lose my honor because i deem that my friends deserve the honor for their good behaviour, and continue to give them honor over many games?
2.) If i am to lose my honor through the above actions, what can I do to earn more of the friendly-team based honor points? (Aside from queuing alone for the rest of my games and hoping strangers will honor me or only giving my friends honor like 1 out of every 3 or 4 games.)

It just seems unfair to those who queue with friends regularly to lose honor because a "pattern" shows that they are "trading" honor. I am not doing it to trade honor, I'm doing it because my friends and I normally make up 60-80% of our team because we queue together. Conversely, I will not honor my friends if I feel they are being rude to someone else or showing poor sportsmanship. It's kind of ironic that the "honor" system doesn't quite run on an honor system >.< But as I've said, I do understand the need to monitor the distribution of honor. Especially if they do plan to associate some kind of awards with the honor points.

TLDR; I queue with friends most of the time and we make up most of the team and want to receive honor just like anyone else when we deem that we are worthy of receiving the honor. However, we are afraid to because of the risk of losing the honor we get because a "pattern" determines that we are "trading" honor.

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaThien View Post
Hey Lyte,

I was wondering if you ever had an "honor queue" in mind. Is it possible or even worth considering a solo queue that can only be unlocked after a Honor threshold? My concern with this is that it might have a negative impact on the general community. I think that the Honor initiative is supposed to help the general population as a whole, but sometimes I really want to play a game where I know I'll have friendly, non-rage, non-troll teammates.

Implementing an honor currency system might be able to keep the "good/nice" players still in the general population, keeping it from being a continuous cess-pit of demoralizing gamers.

I'd really like to know if you or Riot has thought of this, and what other issues might be preventing it. Thank you for your work!
I would love this! If their were a checkbox that said "Only group me with other honorable players", I would check it every time, even if it meant my 20 second queue would become a 5 minute queue. I'd rather wait the 5 minutes to get grouped with nice people than get right into a game with jerks and trolls.

DrAsawa15

Recruiter

10-09-2012

In one update you've increased player attitude, cooperation, and the overall fun of the game. You have performed a miracle, Riot.

guaranic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Would there ever be a system for people with high honor to be matched with other people with high honor?

WayneChaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyte View Post
so far, 4 have been discovered.
u mean there is more?

Bub Bidderskins

10-09-2012

Honor is one of the best things Riot has done so far. In previous games I played with some really awesome people and was really mad I couldn't give them something positive. In one post-game chat with an especially friendly summoner, I remarked that "I wish there was a positive report system " Now, a few weeks later, my wish has been granted! Great job Riot!

KembatheWalker

10-09-2012

Hi Lyte, I have a few questions about these statistics. Is it possible that less games were played this week because of the season 2 championship and thus, less reports? Are the statistics based on reports as a ratio to total games or just a straight count of total reports? Obviously, as weeks go by this data will get more and more reliable but I'm curious if the season 2 championship in some way impacted this data.

Delnoir

10-09-2012

So then, Doctor. Now that honor has hit the scene is there any chance of us seeing the full release of the justice system any time soon?

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

What if someone's summoner name is "PlzDontHonorMe"...I bet they would get lots. LOL just saying.

Malah

10-09-2012

Total waste of time.